Club Badge (merged)

Mate you're singing to the choir with the sky blue shorts and Coventry City comparisons. Check out the thread I started on next years kit, and I've been posting about that for years.

The decision makers at the club know how unpopular these things are with the fans, they just choose not to listen.

Same with the badge. If they'd bothered to look on these threads over the last 3 years, they'd have a very good idea about which designs were overwhelmingly popular.

Instead they choose not to listen and choose to go for something "Modern, original" and shoe horn in as many symbols as possible.

I refuse to believe the club are too incompetent to take these things on board, I just think they don't really give a toss what lifelong blues think. Not if it gets in the way of their marketing strategy anyway.

You're saying this as if the badge has already been released. The round badge suggest they have been listening. They aren't just going to take the older style and say "tada!" of course it needs to be modernized a bit.

fuck it ..... i give up caring ..... happy a good xmas everyone ..... see you next year ......!!!!

You're saying this as if the badge has already been released. The round badge suggest they have been listening. They aren't just going to take the older style and say "tada!" of course it needs to be modernized a bit.

Of course it needs modernising, have you seen @GeekinGav design? It's a modern interpretation on the classic design. Clean, modern, iconic.

The fact the club have said "Modern, Original" suggests to me that it's going to be something completely new. I think that's a grave error. The reason the eagle was so unpopular is because it was "Original". Club badges should represent history and identity, not originality a "global marketing strategy".

from a bloke called Timps "MCFCjustsayin" on FB, can't find a quote thing to put it in a box...

***NEW BADGE UPDATE***

Seeing as City have released a little more info on the new badge, it means I can too....

I can confirm that all the elements of the badge have now been released to the general public.

There is a ship, 3 rivers, 1894 and a red rose on the badge.

I can confirm that there is also a shield within the inner circle and there is no 'Est.' before the 1894. There's also no 'MCFC' written on it, in fact there's no 'FC' or 'Football Club' on it either.

from a bloke called Timps "MCFCjustsayin" on FB, can't find a quote thing to put it in a box...

***NEW BADGE UPDATE***

Seeing as City have released a little more info on the new badge, it means I can too....

I can confirm that all the elements of the badge have now been released to the general public.

I can confirm that there is also a shield within the inner circle and there is no 'Est.' before the 1894. There's also no 'MCFC' written on it, in fact there's no 'FC' or 'Football Club' on it either.
Like United's then..

***NEW BADGE UPDATE***

That was going really well until the last bit. We are and will always be a football club, the rags dropped that years ago and still get stick for being a PLC rather than fc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.