Club Badge (merged)

CuJPUVV.jpg

This ?

It's actually scary to think that some outside agency will probably end up getting six figures for going ahead with any proposed design.

I hate the current badge and agree that the Mexican badge on page 46 is superb.

I think the club could really tap further into the fan relationship by asking them to offer up their designs as part of a competition? There are clearly a lot of talented people going off some I have seen on here.

A few points worth saying in response to comments...

City are asking fans for their views and we should all try to contribute. This isn't an exercise in bringing back a badge or foisting a design that some expensive designer in an office a million miles from Manchester has come up with. This is about fans airing their views on what's important in the badge and all of us should take the opportunity of contributing. We shouldn't assume someone else has aired our views, we should stress them ourselves. Eagles, ships, roses, lines, rivers, bees, shields, stars, antelopes, elephants... Whatever matters to you should be stressed to City via the channels they are opening.

I'm going to be doing a series of lectures on the history of our badges and I'd urge people to come to those (City will announce details soon), and/or visit the exhibition they're opening on site. Then contribute your views. The more Blues that contribute the better. This is a fantastic opportunity for us. Other PL clubs have foisted designs; our club wants our views.

Now we are a global team perhaps we should be thinking of how to appeal to fans from different lands. Those who might be taking their first trip to England and wondering which ground to visit ? Maybe something on the badge, with say...Welcome to Manchester on it ? Bet no one has thought of that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.