Club Badge (merged)

A few points worth saying in response to comments...

City are asking fans for their views and we should all try to contribute. This isn't an exercise in bringing back a badge or foisting a design that some expensive designer in an office a million miles from Manchester has come up with. This is about fans airing their views on what's important in the badge and all of us should take the opportunity of contributing. We shouldn't assume someone else has aired our views, we should stress them ourselves. Eagles, ships, roses, lines, rivers, bees, shields, stars, antelopes, elephants... Whatever matters to you should be stressed to City via the channels they are opening.

I'm going to be doing a series of lectures on the history of our badges and I'd urge people to come to those (City will announce details soon), and/or visit the exhibition they're opening on site. Then contribute your views. The more Blues that contribute the better. This is a fantastic opportunity for us. Other PL clubs have foisted designs; our club wants our views.
Wasn't that the same process they went through with New York and Melbourne to come up with their badges. And that seemed to go pretty well, so here's hoping between us we can come up with the perfect badge, though some of Geekin Gavs efforts will take some beating.

Now we are a global team perhaps we should be thinking of how to appeal to fans from different lands. Those who might be taking their first trip to England and wondering which ground to visit ? Maybe something on the badge, with say...Welcome to Manchester on it ? Bet no one has thought of that?

This is what i'm scared of..

Personally I think this should have been ST holders only for the consultation

This is a very important issue. City are a global entity now and as such need a global identity. The badge will be our trademark and point of recognition worldwide for many years to come. We should not throw this identity together simply because I like the eagle or someone else likes the nostalgia that the old badge brings, or indeed the "rivers" or a bee because of the Manchester connection, not to mention the Lancashire rose.

Yes, it is very important that Manchester is included somewhere but I feel that the bigger picture is a credible, professional, marketable global identity whilst reflecting the city of our origin. We are part of a bigger picture now and that picture is no longer sepia or black and white. The blue supporter in Indonesia is not likely to know what Lancashire is nor care about a bee.

The club officials are to be commended for consulting us as we have valuable opinions but personally I would be more comfortable with them appointing a professional company to spearhead and create a strong global identity whilst taking very careful guidance as to what the fans would like to see.

Everything about our club is now professional and like it or not we are a brand. That brand needs to be marketed by people who know about these things but sympathetic to our wishes.

Yes, it is very important that Manchester is included somewhere but I feel that the bigger picture is a credible, professional, marketable global identity whilst reflecting the city of our origin. We are part of a bigger picture now and that picture is no longer sepia or black and white. The blue supporter in Indonesia is not likely to know what Lancashire is nor care about a bee.

If they want to support City, they should do their research.

This is a very important issue. City are a global entity now and as such need a global identity. The badge will be our trademark and point of recognition worldwide for many years to come. We should not throw this identity together simply because I like the eagle or someone else likes the nostalgia that the old badge brings, or indeed the "rivers" or a bee because of the Manchester connection, not to mention the Lancashire rose.

The club officials are to be commended for consulting us as we have valuable opinions but personally I would be more comfortable with them appointing a professional company to spearhead and create a strong global identity whilst taking very careful guidance as to what the fans would like to see.

Everything about our club is now professional and like it or not we are a brand. That brand needs to be marketed by people who know about these things but sympathetic to our wishes.

Trying not to sound offensive but probably failing miserably

Whilst I welcome support from all corners of the globe with open arms...

I don't want some **** in Indonesia deciding on the badge of the team I have supported all my life

I don't want some **** in Indonesia deciding on the badge of the team I have supported all my life
I totally agree. I think the badge says a lot about us as a club and a new badge which demonstrates our links to the City and our history may not be recognised by fans from a far who have no real understanding of Manchester. We may well end up with 10's of millions of people with no real understanding of our history deciding on what the badge should be.

If they want to support City, they should do their research.

You are spot on, they should do their research but whilst I agree with that all I am saying is that having bees/rivers etc is not as important as having a marketable identity as long as the word Manchester is on the badge.

Neither do I but in order to be global we should have global appeal. I don't want this either but like it or not marketability will influence the decision.

Don't you have to be a cityzen and pay £35 to have any say in it?

That's going to massively cut down on the number of 12 year old indonesian kids taking part.

You are spot on, they should do their research but whilst I agree with that all I am saying is that having bees/rivers etc is not as important as having a marketable identity as long as the word Manchester is on the badge.

Neither do I but in order to be global we should have global appeal. I don't want this either but like it or not marketability will influence the decision.

No one decides what football team to support by chosing the best badge anyway so it's doesn't matter if the rest of the world don't know why there is a ship on our badge.
We don't know why there is a shit bird and 3 stars on our badge now but no one went and supported someone else.

Hahaha. I get your point.
I'm starting to now think this idea only ending in disaster though. 95% of these made up designs ares not my cup of tea at all.
Actually there's only one made up design I liked and thats by that guy thats done loads (Gaz or Gav is it)...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.