Club Badge (merged)

This is where the new badge comes into it's own

1E140BBB-8237-439E-B573-A97EACF0E513_zps9bcdziac.jpg

Say what you like about the colour version but that is class

You cannot seriously look at the Wigan badge and the new MCFC badge side by side and judge the new MCFC one to be better from a design perspective.

I don't look at any football badge and give design perspective that much thought, don't compare it to anything else, don't over think it, I love it and in a month so will every city fan. Keep smiling mucker if this is a worry in your life then you have a very nice life.

I don't look at any football badge and give design perspective that much thought, don't compare it to anything else, don't over think it, I love it and in a month so will every city fan. Keep smiling mucker if this is a worry in your life then you have a very nice life.
Thats fair enough - but thats what this thread pretty much exists for.

To be honest mate when I first saw it I didn't think it was the real design, I just thought it was a simplified version for the patents office.

When it dawned on me it was the real design I actually couldn't take it in! I thought people were going to be absolutely fuming and there was going to be mass protests. But that's not been the case. It's been a mixed reception, but I'm actually quite surprised by just how many positive comments there are.

I don't know whether that just because so many people are glad to see the back of the eagle, or they're just glad the rose is back. It does look like a City badge, just a really childish version.

The core design I can live with, the rose on top of the rivers is a fudge in my opinion, but the core elements are not an absolute disaster.

What is an absolute disaster is the styling and tone. You say you can't understand the cartoon comments, being honest I can't understand how you can't see that! It looks straight of Loony Toons to me!

I think the over sized white band makes it look like it's for children, and the shield popping out of the circle is like something Warner Bros would do as a joke.

The tone is clearly heavily influenced by Arsenal's. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the designer who did Arsenal's badge did ours. I don't think this is the same guy who did Melbourne's, no way.

The difference is, all that is on Arsenal's is the club's name and a cannon, that's it. I actually like Arsenal's badge, it looks a bit cartoony but it's so simple that it works. Ours has a few more elements and the design is a bit more intricate, so it doesn't lend itself as well to that cartoony style.

The best way to sum up my grievance with it is this. If that core design with those elements had been designed by @GeekinGav I would have probably got it tattooed in the new year. But I couldn't possibly get the badge tattooed as it is now because it looks like a childs version of the real badge.

If you could imagine Sergio Aguero being the star of Space Jam 2, this badge is the one Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig would have on their shirt. I want the one Sergio has when he leaves Toonland and comes back on to planet earth.

I feel like I've really peed you off without meaning too. Obviously you and Gav have a handle on what a professional font, design, styling, tone etc etc is. I'm just looking at it as a badge. I like simple and uncluttered. I can read it clearly and have previously posted i don't like the shield outside the inner circle. Id also prefer 1894 together but where it would go i don't know. I love Manchester at the top. The rose could be 33.3333% smaller. The rivers might work continuing onto the back circle. Anything else is beyond my limited intelligence as i don't understand the terminology. I was surprised when i first saw it but it looks good on a shirt. I can't compare it to anything better but i loved some of Gavs work but not necessarily the colours ie silver but understand it was design not colour.

Although I was anti rose to begin with, I prefer it in the context of this particular badge..gives a focal point

That one is just too minimalist

Here's an example of what I mean, I think all 4 of these are an improvement on the final design. All look clean, modern, without the awkwardness of the rose on top of the rivers.

A.
wtSz82f.png

B.
ztwE6nn.jpg

C.
ywc2D67.jpg

D.
Epul6qF.jpg

To me, all 4 of them look better than the one we have actually got:
E.

CW8YEgsWYAEwKos.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.