Club Badge (merged)

I'd need to see them on a shirt but not liking Football Club as previously stated. All are a massive improvement on the eagle of course. Someone else pointed out white stripes aren't really water which is why light and dark blue work. B,C,D and E all look good though. So does A but........

A.
wtSz82f.png

B.
ztwE6nn.jpg

C.
ywc2D67.jpg

D.
Epul6qF.jpg

To me, all 4 of them look better than the one we have actually got:
E.

CW8YEgsWYAEwKos.jpg

@IanBishopsHaircut

The perfect way to illustrate my point about them fudging the rivers and rose is this.

My first choice on the questionnaire was for the three rivers.

If I was given the option of those 5 final designs, I would choose C, which doesn't include the rivers.

To me, C is the final design which looks the best, looks clean, uncluttered and the most instantly recognisable as City.

E just looks a bit awkward and a bit of a cop out.

Last edited:
Having the crest within the circle and putting football club on there would instantly improve the design.

Out of all the badges I have seen(concepts before release), this looks like the worst. Could have been so much better. If we are going to be a global football powerhouse then we should brand the club as one. Just compare this badge to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern's and you will see the difference. It looks like a school's football team badge among them.

I've thought for a bit we'd originate to a rose design again. It mustn't just be me that noticed a lot more merchandise appear with the old badge (72-97) on, over the last 5/6 years?

I genuinely think the owners came across our old circular Lancashire rose badge and loved it.

It's the shape of the shield, specifically the way that it balloons out towards the bottom of it, that makes it look childish to me.

Put the shield fully inside the circle and make it more straight and angular (for want of better adjectives) and that would be an instant improvement.

More worryingly if this leak is genuine, its "unveiling" could be accompanied by boos by at the The Etihad on Saturday - the media would have a field day with that!

It's the shape of the shield, specifically the way that it balloons out towards the bottom of it, that makes it look childish to me.

Put the shield fully inside the circle and make it more straight and angular (for want of better adjectives) and that would be an instant improvement.

More worryingly if this leak is genuine, its "unveiling" could be accompanied by boos by at the The Etihad on Saturday - the media would have a field day with that!
I'm not enamored with it at all. I've been quite vocal in my criticisms but surely it's not so bad that we'll have people booing and protesting. I hope not anyway. I see it as a missed opportunity but still an improvement on the eagle. I'll learn to live with it.

I'm not enamored with it at all. I've been quite vocal in my criticisms but surely it's not so bad that we'll have people booing and protesting. I hope not anyway. I see it as a missed opportunity but still an improvement on the eagle.

There are members of our fanbase who have become somewhat entitled in recent years. I agree it's unlikely, but IF it did happen, it would probably come from people who like the eagle badge, and/or have spent a substantial amount of money on merchandise that sports it.

For anyone under thirty, the City badge has been an eagle (with all it's faults) longer than it was a circle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.