Club Badge (merged)

Can some please summarise why there seems to be this much disappointment with the leaked badge? Is it frustration at it not being perfect or do people genuinely think it's shit?
It's not exactly shit (not great though), it's just that it could have been so much better. See some of Gav's work on here as an example of what we could have had.

It's not exactly shit (not great though), it's just that it could have been so much better. See some of Gav's work on here as an example of what we could have had.

I don't suppose you know what page Gav's versions are on?

I'm in the "well it's an improvement" camp at the moment but it would be interesting to compare what could have been and what the history buffs think.

We have some fucking spoilt brats as supporters.

The new badge is fine...fucking grow some.

This. With knobs on. (And a rose and rivers).

Can some please summarise why there seems to be this much disappointment with the leaked badge? Is it frustration at it not being perfect or do people genuinely think it's shit?

Dunno mate. Suffice it to say that missing the words "Football Club" or acronym "FC" have been enough to ruin some people's Yuletide.

We couldn't though. There isn't an infinite number of ways to arrange a ship, rose and three stripes inside a small circular badge, and every good design we saw on here meant one choice less for the official design team to chose from.

It's genuinely shit.

But I think the frustration is that it's so close to being great. All the elements are there and in the right places. But it seems to have been designed on Microsoft paint by a child for his under 10s school team.

This. Some of th designs on here were fantastic and th club just seen to have done their own thing.

Dunno mate. Suffice it to say that missing the words "Football Club" or acronym "FC" have been enough to ruin some people's Yuletide.

I was a bit confused by the level of annoyance with regards to that. I would have thought most would know we're a football club by now. Also, I quite like the idea of the only team in Manchester claiming the name of our city at the top of the badge.

We couldn't though. There isn't an infinite number of ways to arrange a ship, rose and three stripes inside a small circular badge, and every good design we saw on here meant one choice less for the official design team to chose from.

This. Some of th designs on here were fantastic and th club just seen to have done their own thing.

Hmm, I get what you're saying Jim but I think Stony has a pretty good point.

It's genuinely shit.

But I think the frustration is that it's so close to being great. All the elements are there and in the right places. But it seems to have been designed on Microsoft paint by a child for his under 10s school team.

I get why a lot of people are saying this but I want to see it sewn onto our shirt rather than a digital version before I can agree or disagree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.