Club Badge (merged)

The elements are good but the design is naff
In your opinion...

sihoXbI.jpg

This. With knobs on. (And a rose and rivers).

Dunno mate. Suffice it to say that missing the words "Football Club" or acronym "FC" have been enough to ruin some people's Yuletide.
Going of some of the posts on here some posters will be needing counselling to get over the trauma. Load of pussies.

If it is the new badge, and general consensus believe it is, then I think that given the brief by the wants of the majority of the fans (contrary to my own) they have absolutely nailed it imo.

Unfortunately you will 'always' get people who wanted something different. geek in Gav for example is clearly a talented chap but I definitely prefer City's version over any of the one's he produced. I love the clean, fresh, modern look and glad that we haven't followed the template of the other two CFG clubs. (Famous last words)

For me the problems are;
1) the lack of the words "football club"
2) the shield being purposely too big, it looks like it's a mistake
3) the badge seems too white, the white sky behind a yellow ship just doesn't work
4) it seems to me that they were surprised by the amount of rose and rivers voters and decided afterwards to include both
5) the rivers are barely noticeable in two shades of blue
6) why bother having the date if you need to split it to squeeze it on?

Contrary to some knobheads' opinions on here, it hasn't spoilt my Christmas. I love football badges, kits, grounds etc. I support City and want us to have the best of everything. I just believe that a great chance has been wasted here. All Tha said, it's still better than the stars and fucking eagle.
4)

City fans just like a good old moan.
Moan/discussion - it's the basis of all forums really. People place different importance to things. I think Star Wars is a shit kiddy story with bad acting and numerous plot holes. Plus the dark side are a bit tame. Others disagree and immerse themselves.

In terms of the badge, having been involved in design in the past, I find the rose on the rivers the worst part - it grates me. It's like dressing Darth Vader in pink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.