Club Badge (merged)

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/December/New-Manchester-City-FC-badge-revealed/1450867348 doesn't mention why FC or Football Club was dropped, but our former Chairman's surname namesake nails it...

Howard Bernstein, CEO of Manchester City Council said: “What I find particularly pleasing is how much the words Manchester and City stand out on this badge. With the inclusion of three evocative regional symbols of the ship, the rivers and the rose, there is no doubting that is a badge for a club that is heavily tied to the city in which it resides and to which it has given so much.”

Here's to the future!

Last edited:
MANCHESTER CITY - I love the prominence of the name. I saw versions that had been created including FC and Football Club but the name became less prominent and cluttered. Personally I want the name big and bold and that's what the new badge gives. Some suggested the badge would be a copy of NYCFC and had the Football Club words been added it would not have felt quite like a MCFC badge either (I find it odd that people are now saying it should be similar to NYCFC - City listened to fans who said they didn't want a copy of NYCFC and wanted Manchester City as prominent as possible).

Also, a point brought out during the badge talks was that this badge has to be inclusive and we must not forget that Manchester City has also a Women's Football Club. Had the Football Club been added would the badge have been appropriate. That's a minor point, but I do love that this badge includes the name Manchester City much bolder than it would've been with Football Club added.

Spot on.
Also, has anything City have involved the fans in drawn as much attention and excitement. This was a monumental coming together of fans, old, new, opinionated, benign, happy or sad. The club and our fanbase won't regret this bold new era. The club have engaged fans since day one since the takeover in ways the board/club could only dream of before.

If this is Manchester City gearing up for 2016, I'm excited by what 2017, 2018, 2019 and so on will bring.
The club feels massive and it feels like we're going forward on and off the pitch, regardless of setbacks by injuries, rulings etc. That's our academy, that's our crest, that's our club, our city, our soul and we're going on a journey with our bold new ship, beyond the rejuvenated ship canal; far up the medlock passing our fair stadium, far along the Irk as it joins the river Irwell, flowing out to join the Mersey in Irlam. The red rose of our former county, usurped by the growth of Manchester into a county of our city can sit their proud. Many will ask what it all means, we'll tell them. We'll tell them. We'll tell that we are City. [David Threllfall can read this anytime]

Now can someone find me a moon with our new crest!

02-10-10-011.jpg

Also, a point brought out during the badge talks was that this badge has to be inclusive and we must not forget that Manchester City has also a Women's Football Club. Had the Football Club been added would the badge have been appropriate. That's a minor point, but I do love that this badge includes the name Manchester City much bolder than it would've been with Football Club added.

Kill me now.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/December/New-Manchester-City-FC-badge-revealed/1450867348 doesn't mention why FC or Football Club was dropped, but our former Chairman nails it...

Howard Bernstein, CEO of Manchester City Council said: “What I find particularly pleasing is how much the words Manchester and City stand out on this badge. With the inclusion of three evocative regional symbols of the ship, the rivers and the rose, there is no doubting that is a badge for a club that is heavily tied to the city in which it resides and to which it has given so much.”

Here's to the future!
Howard Bernstein wasn't our former chairman. You're thinking of David Bernstein.

I'm chuffed with it. My childhood has been restored. Can never be anything other than the 80's version for me. I'm quite emotional waiting the return of the round badge and all it bring with it.

Thank you City again for coming up with the goods.

the more I see it the more I can live with it as a good take on what we wanted and it is superior to the eagle one and near enough in similarity to the rose and first badge which I still prefer.

On a side note the clubs has now noted that blue and white were overwhelmingly the 2 popular and core colours City fans identify with, so can they now stop insisting on sticking black or navy trim on kits and stick to blue and white (though navy sock are acceptable as traditional features)

the more I see it the more I can live with it as a good take on what we wanted and it is superior to the eagle one and near enough in similarity to the rose and first badge which I still prefer.

On a side note the clubs has now noted that blue and white were overwhelmingly the 2 popular and core colours City fans identify with, so can they now stop insisting on sticking black or navy trim on kits and stick to blue and white (though navy sock are acceptable as traditional features)

No mention of marroon.

Don't like it particularly.
The "CITY" should be curved within the circles to match the "MANCHESTER" at the top - it looks like they've forgotten. Just like they've forgotten we are a football club. Perhaps those that designed it aren't aware we've been taking the piss out of you know who for removing those words from their badge.
And I don't get over-excited by the old round badge as I remember watching football before it was introduced. In those days we only had a badge for cup finals and that was the city coat of arms.
At least we've got rid of the Super-beer nonsense.
As for the stars; I didn't really care that they meant nothing in England but something relevant in Italy, we don't play in Serie A.
Ultimately the current badge was immediately recognisable as ours. If the new one achieves the same status then it will be OK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.