Club Badge (merged)

I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck about the FC.

It's pathetic to suggest we're not a football club anymore just because it's not spelt out on a fuckin badge!

No shitty stars. No shitty eagle. I'm happy.

Just seen it agsin on Goals on Sunday. Love it. It's the real City.

Result. Finally. Mancs & Lancs.
afflecks.jpg

I like it, i just feel its a bit boring and bland, and so much more could of been done with it to make it more striking. Just seems like some A level It design student could of made it in half an hour.

just to clarify a point gary james made. it wasn't "the rose" itself that was popular with 1894 group - it was the 1972 badge itself that was popular with 1894. the old rose badge in its' entirety together with MANCHESTER CITY F.C. in full around the badge. That was the badge 1894 campaigned for really. Before the consultation process started , we asked people if they liked the "eagle" badge or the one before it, the "rose" badge and 75% of fans we spoke to preferred the rose one out of those two. Also the feedback we had was that whilst the rose represented Lancashire and Manchester was not part of Lancashire from 1974, historically it was and during the 70s, 80s and 90s, Manchester still wasn't part of Lancashire and yet no-one complained about the rose badge then when the players wore it . So we didn't see a problem going back tot hat old badge. What we have now is a variation of that badge with FC removed just to accommodate 18 .. 94. QPR gave their fans 4 choices to choose from. We have not had such a choice and how many people at the consultations would have said "i think we should remove FC from the badge" - NO ONE ! So it wasn't really a decision influenced by the fans. Of course when presented with the badges from the past, people are going to say "i like the ship" "i like the rivers " "i like the rose" etc, so they would be considered by the club as part of the design anyway. But to take FC off the badge - no one asked for that. The new badge will have enough elements to be popular and for those undecided it may well grow on people. However leaving FC off leaves the club open to question- United did the same with their badge simply to make the "brand" more recognisable at first glance to worldwide supporters buying their merchandise. Did we do the same ?

I reckon the F.C. was left off it because long term they are not limiting Manchester City to being just a football club.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if 10-20 years down the line we see a Manchester City basketball team, F1 team etc.

Savvy move to leave it off really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.