Club Badge (merged)

Hi Jon,
If your man at the club has put you up to this, please send him this design that Geek in Gav did, I think it's pretty much the perfect City badge! He did one with the Manchester bee instead of the Maltese cross, but I can't find it online. (Oh and while you're at it, will you tell them to bring back the navy blue socks as well please :-)

B-Fb7A8IUAE7PJ9.png:large

ByJ4nK-CUAA_ous.jpg

This would be my choice as well.

Hi Jon,
If your man at the club has put you up to this, please send him this design that Geek in Gav did, I think it's pretty much the perfect City badge! He did one with the Manchester bee instead of the Maltese cross, but I can't find it online. (Oh and while you're at it, will you tell them to bring back the navy blue socks as well please :-)

ByJ4nK-CUAA_ous.jpg

Could we incorporate BlueMoon anywhere? (just kidding of course!)

Names would probably need to be removed from mass-produced version but yeah, this is awesome.

I like the current badge. People that get worked up over things like the stars not symbolising anything really need to have a rethink about their life. Since when did stars have to represent winning something? Our entire global expansion plan has the current badge at the heart of it, nobody from Australia/USA etc even know about the old badge there's absolutely no way we will be changing it anytime soon.

I like the current badge. People that get worked up over things like the stars not symbolising anything really need to have a rethink about their life. Since when did stars have to represent winning something? Our entire global expansion plan has the current badge at the heart of it, nobody from Australia/USA etc even know about the old badge there's absolutely no way we will be changing it anytime soon.

I don't think that about the stars...I just think they look absolute shite...I've never liked the whole symmetry of our badge...just looks wrong...like it was a school project badge

I've never liked the current badge but it is an officially registered trade mark so it would be something of an administrative ballache if it was changed. Saying that, TMs have to be renewed every 10 years and the next due date is 2017 if my maths is correct!

Companies rebrand all the time if they think a brand isn't working well enough for them, whether they think it's dated or that it doesn't sit right with the rest of the CFG brand. I would be very surprised if it wasn't at least being considered. Especially as they do seem to use the round version themselves on the O/S on things like the Aguero v Villa thing.

I don't mind the current badge, for me the stars just confirm what we'd see on a Moon :D
But yea they can be percieved a little daft as clubs are awarded the stars for winning the chumps league, plus they go underneath the badge.
No big issue though.

As others have mentioned, Gav's designs were quality when he posted them, I liked 'em alot.

A more modern circular badge which represents this areas history would be far more liked than the current badge for me.
However I can't see the club doing allthis as they have probably just re-ordered 200,000 city duvets made in vietnam with the current badge on.

Hi Jon,
Like and Nike wouldn't need a fookin shield with that badge!

ByJ4nK-CUAA_ous.jpg

I've just heard a rumour that we are going to change to a newer version of the old badge.

In the scheme of things it isn't hugely important but I'd definitely do it. Maybe it's my era, but it's still more recognisably "City" than the Franny Lee one.

Companies rebrand all the time if they think a brand isn't working well enough for them, whether they think it's dated or that it doesn't sit right with the rest of the CFG brand. I would be very surprised if it wasn't at least being considered. Especially as they do seem to use the round version themselves on the O/S on things like the Aguero v Villa thing.
Hopefully it could be phased in for the start of the 17/18 season with a bit of forward planning, if the rumour DD heard has any legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.