Club Badge (merged)

I've just heard a rumour that we are going to change to a newer version of the old badge.

In the scheme of things it isn't hugely important but I'd definitely do it. Maybe it's my era, but it's still more recognisably "City" than the Franny Lee one.

burns-excellent4nuvm.gif

""Shaelumstash, post: 8735874, member: 18370"]Hi Jon,
If your man at the club has put you up to this, please send him this design that Geek in Gav did, I think it's pretty much the perfect City badge! He did one with the Manchester bee instead of the Maltese cross, but I can't find it online. (Oh and while you're at it, will you tell them to bring back the navy blue socks as well please :-)"

I don't like that. It'd feel like we'd been morphed into something with the other 2 clubs. Like we'd be losing our unique identity like every other club has (bar branded clubs like Red Bulls). We've already lost plenty of that I feel - what with becoming a global brand and all the new fans etc. (not having a go at new fans, or that they're not welcome, just miss the old times). The copying of the NYCFC pentagons (with the crosses) within the circle makes it feel branded as a wider thing and less unique.

Football clubs are meant to be unique to each location and be the pride of that town/city etc.

I've just heard a rumour that we are going to change to a newer version of the old badge.

In the scheme of things it isn't hugely important but I'd definitely do it. Maybe it's my era, but it's still more recognisably "City" than the Franny Lee one.
That would be great. In my opinion Chelsea did great with their modern-retro badge, at least its miles better than their previous lion monstrosity.

""Shaelumstash, post: 8735874, member: 18370"]Hi Jon,
If your man at the club has put you up to this, please send him this design that Geek in Gav did, I think it's pretty much the perfect City badge! He did one with the Manchester bee instead of the Maltese cross, but I can't find it online. (Oh and while you're at it, will you tell them to bring back the navy blue socks as well please :-)"

I don't like that. It'd feel like we'd been morphed into something with the other 2 clubs. Like we'd be losing our unique identity like every other club has (bar branded clubs like Red Bulls). We've already lost plenty of that I feel - what with becoming a global brand and all the new fans etc. (not having a go at new fans, or that they're not welcome, just miss the old times). The copying of the NYCFC pentagons (with the crosses) within the circle makes it feel branded as a wider thing and less unique.

Football clubs are meant to be unique to each location and be the pride of that town/city etc.

To be honest mate, the reason I'd want to change to the round badge is because it reflects our identity more than the current badge. Personally I grew up with the roundel City badge and I still consider that as our identity. The Lancashire rose is a bit old fashioned and not really relevant to the modern Manchester, or City which are no longer part of Lancashire (from a political or administrative point of view).

The centre being the Manchester crest takes the best bit of our current badge which does mean something to me. But personally I don't think the eagle has anything to do with City, and I don't really associate it with the identity of the club. I don't mind the latin bit, but I won't lose any sleep if we lose it. The stars I absolutely detest. The MCFC bit is ok, but I'd prefer the full name of the club. So for me Gav's badge has all of the best bits from the old badge, and the best bits from the new.

I also think having something similar to the other CFG clubs is a positive. It makes it seems more like a group, as opposed to several unconnected clubs stuck together.

As others have said, I think from a branding and manufacturing point of view, it makes far more sense to have a round badge as opposed to the awkward shape with the unfortunate shield which we've got currently.

B-Fb7A8IUAE7PJ9.png:large

To be honest mate, the reason I'd want to change to the round badge is because it reflect our identity more than the current badge. Personally I grew up with the roundel City badge and I still consider that as our identity. The Lancashire rose is a bit old fashioned and not really relevant to the modern Manchester, or City which are no longer part of Lancashire (from a political or administrative point of view).

The centre being the Manchester crest takes the best bit of our current badge which does mean something to me. But personally I don't think the eagle has anything to do with City, and I don't really associate it with the identity of the club. I don't mind the latin bit, but I won't lose any sleep if we lose it. The stars I absolutely detest. The MCFC bit is ok, but I'd prefer the full name of the club. So for me Gav's badge has all of the best bits from the old badge, and the best bits from the new.

I also think having something similar to the other CFG clubs is a positive. It makes it seems more like a group, as opposed to several unconnected clubs stuck together.

As others have said, I think from a branding and manufacturing point of view, it makes far more sense to have a round badge as opposed to the awkward shape with the unfortunate shield which we've got currently.

B-Fb7A8IUAE7PJ9.png:large

Agree with that completely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.