Club Badge (merged)

Saw this posted by someone else but like the idea of Pugnare Usque Ad Finem (Fight til the end) as a moto if we are to have one.

What a great reflection on the club that they are consulting
Wow the club seems to listen to the fans, it gets better and better, we are lucky you know.

Very lucky. Imagine supporting a club who changed the badge on a marketing whim without consulting. You know, like removing the words "football club".

A great idea by the club and I would like to see a hybrid between the previous two badges we've had, with the three rivers of Manchester as opposed to the red rose. I want to see the club define the City in it's badge rather than the historic county symbol of Lancashire.

My worry is that many of us older fans have never liked the new badge and would welcome the old style, but all the " new " fans will only know the new badge and might vote for it to stay, so anyone that wants the old style VOTE for it, you computor geeks get on the interweb and make sure everyone knows what is to be done. that is all.

5e7a51ebc7788b5c2716208d8e3e5a3a.jpg
f3fd4845afbdac3c5cbbee32470c85c4.jpg

If the new badge was anything close to either of these two then I'd be very happy.(Great work Gaz ).

Now for my input on 'history' though:
We have flipped between the rose and the lines over the years and if you read back, the origin and meaning of the lines is disputable. I'd like city to include something with historical reference which also gives a new twist to the badge. I'd replace the lines with the worker bee. It has historical significance to Manchester, is part of the crest and is even in a mosaic in the town hall floor.

Here's an extract re: manchester's worker bee:

"The worker bee was adopted as a motif for Manchester during the Industrial Revolution, at a time when Manchester was taking a leading role in new forms of mass production. Seven bees are included in the crest of the city's arms which were granted to the Borough of Manchester in 1842. The bee denotes Mancunians' hard work during this era and Manchester being a hive of activity in the 19th century."

To throw a question out there....would Nike be consulted on our badge? The lines (Rivers) look a lot like an inverted adidas logo. In the world we live in with Intellectual property etc, I can just see it causing a shit load of hassle

5e7a51ebc7788b5c2716208d8e3e5a3a.jpg
f3fd4845afbdac3c5cbbee32470c85c4.jpg

If the new badge was anything close to either of these two then I'd be very happy.(Great work Gaz ).

Now for my input on 'history' though:
We have flipped between the rose and the lines over the years and if you read back, the origin and meaning of the lines is disputable. I'd like city to include something with historical reference which also gives a new twist to the badge. I'd replace the lines with the worker bee. It has historical significance to Manchester, is part of the crest and is even in a mosaic in the town hall floor.

Here's an extract re: manchester's worker bee:

"The worker bee was adopted as a motif for Manchester during the Industrial Revolution, at a time when Manchester was taking a leading role in new forms of mass production. Seven bees are included in the crest of the city's arms which were granted to the Borough of Manchester in 1842. The bee denotes Mancunians' hard work during this era and Manchester being a hive of activity in the 19th century."

3c181cc452b1a4cc8946d1321377413c.jpg

638fe860c09f499ecd6d4500f00fdf99.jpg

8f6a87afb5735574a8809db94be2776d.jpg

I'd love to see the manchester bee incorporated.

Like this maybe? Little mock up...

12088253_10156051531140386_5070351942748251415_n.jpg

The motto for Manchester is "Concilio et Labore" which is loosely translated to "By wisdom and effort."
The symbol for Manchester is the worker bee and also the cotton flower
so how about a bee on a cotton flower with that motto?

800px-Darwin%27s-cotton-flower.jpg

Can't help but think having a bee on there would earn us a new nickname before long. Which I wouldn't be fond of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.