Club Brugge (A) - CL - Post-Match Thread

Results in their first two CL games (and their last 2 last season) suggest that Brugge are a good team. Now that City beat them 5-1 the question is "just how food are Bruges?" Some suggest that we "only" beat Brugge and that it wasn't really a test for City. All I can say is that we made Brugge look no worse than we made Chelsea look at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago or any worse than we made Liverpool look for half an hour at Anfield. There was general agreement that City could/should have beaten Chelsea by 3 or 4 and could/should have been 2 or 3 ahead at Anfield at half time. Last night we turned our domination into goals. Or was it "only" Chelsea and Liverpool we played before the international break?
Tasty team, Bruges

When we play the way we did last night.

It is hard to find the right words to do it justice.

Honestly i feel if we get Haaland in January, it will take us up to a "Harlem Globe Trotters" level as a football team. We have the nucleus of a fairly young side. I could see us going on to true greatness.

I had an interesting conversation with a Rag today, who watched our game last night. He was really complimentary. Says when we are on our game, we are seriously on our game. That we are the best team in Europe by a Mile, on nights like last night.

He also insinuated we are the reason the Rags are a mishmash of a side right now. That Rags have panic bought to try and stop us, rather than bought in their own best interests. That Ronaldo was not really needed. That they bought him and his problematic ego to stop us.

I thought that was a really interesting take. They did the same with Van Persie, and Sanchez. More interested in spitteng us, than building what they needed for success.

Last edited:

Honestly i feel if we get Haaland in January, it will take us up to a "Harlem Globe Trotters" level as a football team. We have the nucleus of a fairly young side. I could see us going on to true greatness.

I had an interesting conversation with a Rag today, who watched our game last night. He was really complimentary. Says when we are on our game, we are seriously on our game. That we are the best team in Europe by a Mile on days like last night.

He also insinuated we are the reason the Rags are a mishmash of a side right now. That Rags have panic bought to try and stop us, rather than bought in their own best interests. That Ronaldo was not really needed. That they bought him and his problematic ego to stop us.

I thought that was a really interesting take. They did the same with Van Persie, and Sanchez. More interested in spitteng us, than building what they needed for success.
A legacy still from Fergie they still haven't moved on.

Poor managerial appointments and many poor purchases.

Eventually they will get it right again but probably under new ownership.

I had an interesting conversation with a Rag today, who watched our game last night. He was really complimentary. Says when we are on our game, we are seriously on our game. That we are the best team in Europe by a Mile on days like last night.

Your mates spot on, more concerned with City than themselves.

Raz has been in a contract signing stand off for too long now, 2 years, for it to be a wage increase ploy. I'm sure it is his intention to leave. Sell him.
If that’s the case then why not just say it as it is and leave now instead of angling for more playing time?
Would benefit both parties…he gets to leave and the club get decent cash.

No team in Europe is ever an easy game imo, we've seen that with sheriff this year. This team held PSG to a draw and beat Leipzig, and yet we maybe them look a team we would play in the Carabao cup 3rd round.

We really are on another level than 99% of all other teams in europe when we are performing like that last night. That was peak Guardiola football and will always be a joy to watch.

No matter what happens, I have feeling this year is going to be a very enjoyable year.

On another note, you have to be some sort of scumbag to throw objects and drinks at players.

Also awful to hear about the situation with one of our fans, hopefully he's able to make a full recovery and they catch the people that did it to him.

Interesting perspective, this.

When they got Mourinho in, even after that disaster of a half-season at Chelsea and the way he left Madrid, it did feel like they did it so they could turn to City say "Well, you got Guardiola so we'll get his arch rival".

Did he really or was that just media spin again? After all the media are known for their full, wholly truthful reporting aren't they? Never, ever tried to unsettle one of our players have they?
It's fucking daft.
What Sterling actually said was twisted by the media and is now being re-written by our own fans as well as every know-nowt gobshite on the streets.

I thought we were outstanding last night.
It’s the closest I think we have come to the way in which the Cruyff era Dutch team played the game - Total Football the City way. It was a joy to watch.
I hope we can all savour and enjoy games such as these.
I don’t want to be too downbeat but teams come and go in cycles - in the immediate months and years to come I hope we will still improve but I’d say it’s a sure fire certainty that there will be a point in the future when things aren’t going so well for us and it will be games like last night that I would happily rewatch just to marvel at how fantastically well this team and its brilliant manager played the beautiful game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.