Club Brugge (A) - CL - Post-Match Thread

The highlight for me is maybe Foden has finally unlocked the perfect false 9 in our system. That was as good as you could fill in a role of a false 9, it's just a matter of if he can do it consistently.
I thought so too. In a traditional centre forward position, he's never going to compete but he drops so deep, picks up the ball and turns and then runs at them.
One thing that struck me was in a couple of outright flat race against a couple of their guys he ran out of steam. I think he will overcome this when he gets stronger. We rightly talk about Palmer, but Phil is young physically too and will get stronger or learn to overcome any 'weaknesses'.

I've definitely seen some people slagging him off as well as his performances

Those players you mentioned never did anywhere near as much for us as sterling has though
You’re right to say they didn’t but credit for good performances doesn’t stay in the bank forever and guarantee you a pass when your form has been poor for as long as Raz’ has.

He has stated he fancies a move, hopefully City can accommodate him. Best for all concerned now.
Did he really or was that just media spin again? After all the media are known for their full, wholly truthful reporting aren't they? Never, ever tried to unsettle one of our players have they?

Did he really or was that just media spin again? After all the media are known for their full, wholly truthful reporting aren't they? Never, ever tried to unsettle one of our players have they?
Agree about the media but Surely if he didn't say it he would have clarified his position. He is no longer an automatic starter and that is based on form alone. He was a huge asset at his best but that seems a long time ago now at least in a City shirt.
Anyway back on topic. A very comfortable night,stress free for the most part. Could do with a few more nights like that.

Apparently he did qualify his statement re one day leaving for more football by saying he did not wish at any stage to unsettle the manager or the team.
That shows insight as well as the fact he’s not agitating for a move.
Has to be said his current form is not making contract negotiations any easier.
Hope he turns a corner soon.

City team's combined heat maps being blamed for global warming :)
That was about as comprehensive a rout as they come.
Might not be the "best team in all the land", but City are City's biggest threat. Dreadnought....

Apparently he did qualify his statement re one day leaving for more football by saying he did not wish at any stage to unsettle the manager or the team.
That shows insight as well as the fact he’s not agitating for a move.
Has to be said his current form is not making contract negotiations any easier.
Hope he turns a corner soon.

Raz has been in a contract signing stand off for too long now, 2 years, for it to be a wage increase ploy. I'm sure it is his intention to leave. Sell him.

I think there's too much smoke for there not to be something smouldering in there.

Raheem isn't going to go public himself. He won't (and shouldn't) say anything that could be construed as a transfer request, as that would most likely impact on loyalty bonuses etc in his current contract.

I would think that every player fancies the idea of playing in the sun for a couple of years. It's a perfectly reasonable, non-committal, comment for anyone to throw out, and leave the media to make 5 out of 2+2.

It's all a game.

This screams of confirmation bias. He's doing more pressing and work off the ball than anyone else in the squad, which is not what someone downing tools does.

View attachment 28300
His movement, general play and commitment is anywhere from goodish to excellent, but his final ball and confidence is letting him down. But to me that speaks to the fact he's overthinking and trying a bit too hard, which is the opposite of downing tools. I don't think he gets into a starting 11 on current form, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as some people make out and some people spent his hot period when he was one of the best players in the league slagging him off because he'll always have missing a sitter in his locker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.