Club-City Voice: City v Barcelona Mosaic

I wonder if much of Europe, and the world, think of us as a new club having not seen us until the past few seasons in the Champions League. There have been accusations that we have 'no history' since we've come into money.

What could be better than to tell the world how long we've been really here?

MCFC 1894

Understood in every language.

Says it all really. Barcelona weren't even formed then.

I like the MCFC 1894 thing too, but I think that continentals would most probably see us as a "new club" in the same way that arrogant scum, dippers, arsenal fans etc say that we are new - I.e. they don't honesty believe we've only existed for a couple of decades, they would recognise that as an English club we are older than anything from most of Europe, but they probably believe that this is the first time that we have ever played at the top level.

Welcome to Manchester in the East stand, MCFC 1894 in the North stand would do.

[/url]
cptaidan88 said:
Put a bit of thought into my idea. I'd like something memorable but it might be a bit much for some.

My idea is for the North Stand (or East Stand if its on a bigger scale) to hold up black or dark navy blue mosaic tiles to look make it look like the night sky. Hopefully people will have their phones out too and that will make it look like stars, and then as the players emerge from the tunnel. a Blue Moon is raised on a similar sort of a pulley system used by Dortmund vs Malaga. See the video for those that don't know what I'm referring to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ipvQ87lKE[/youtube]

If the pulley system option isn't possible then it could be unfurled but it would need to come from the front row and be passed back to appear as though it is rising. Not sure how they'd pass it to the upper tier either. A blue moon rising is the idea ultimately.

I reckon it could be done fairly cheaply as i remember before some matches the centre circle being a bluemoon, perhaps during the Pearce or Sven days. This is the only pic of one I could find but its got #together on. Could be used I suppose but I'd rather it was plain or something more inspirational. I'll leave the wording to someone else though.
Arvu0NMCIAA5J9p.jpg

Best idea by a mile.

Would still have a mosaic behind it though and then have the blue moon connected to string and pulled from the bottom of tier one and up to the roof.

Also, I think we should organise getting some ticker tape. Would look brilliant if loads got involved, but it looks crap when it's a half hearted attempt in truth. If it's gonna get done, it should be organised soon IMO.

Could have Fergies fat head with the headline "Not in my lifetime"

Liking the MCFC 1894 idea though. hope something special is arranged for quite possibly one of our biggest games ever

Like the ticker tape suggestion. I always think it looks wonderful when many do it. I loved the 1978 world cup for this when I was growing up.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
I wonder if much of Europe, and the world, think of us as a new club having not seen us until the past few seasons in the Champions League. There have been accusations that we have 'no history' since we've come into money.

What could be better than to tell the world how long we've been really here?

MCFC 1894

Understood in every language.

Says it all really. Barcelona weren't even formed then.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.