Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
red 2 hats said:
The writing has been on the wall for Bobby, done himself few favours with his blame game, always someone else's fault, never his.
Thanks for the memories and trophies, you will walk straight into another job with a pocket bulging with money from your pay off, City will soon become a distant memory and a page on your CV.
I can't believe some of the bile aimed at our owners, people have short memories, these are the men who gave us our dreams, Bobby was a very well rewarded piece of the jigsaw.
His inability to change, no plan B, shit results in Europe and surrendering of the tittle have led to his downfall.
It could of been handled better from a PR point of view, but if reports are correct the timing was forced on them.
Changes were needed to take us to the next level and Bobby couldn't make em.
Whoever gets the job gets my support, any prick who is planning to dis-respect our owners should remember where we were before their cash injection.
Wipe your tears away, he's gone,if our owners thought he was the right man for the next level he wouldn't of got the bullet.
I was going to post but you succinctly put it better than I ever could, absolutely spot on.

I think people should carefully digest the statement, the message is clear that we are looking for a new manager who will develop a long term development plan, based around the acadamy. The message was clear at end of last season when Khaldoon stated we dont need a large number of new players to add to squad.
We have not seen any Young players blooded/tried this season, the youth development results have been poor and in a structured analysis of the club, The board feel Mancinis style of management does not suit the future.
I thank Bobby for all that he did for the club, but it should be said we have not achieved the levels I and many others now expect.

I couldn’t give a rats arse what any other Manager, pundit or media source think, Bobby you will always be remembered in the best way, but this is our club and I’m behind our owners all the way.

stan bowles said:
scousemanc said:
I'm a sesaon ticket holder and I haven't met a single fan who has been pleased with the performances this season. Something has not been right for a long time.

At least recognise that Berigistain and Soriano have a deeper knowledge of what happens behind the scenes than any of us, and if the stories are to be believed, all is not well. This has been put down to Mancini's poor man-management.

Uncomfortable as this feels, it was inevitable.

As to the timing, the decent thing to do would have been to anounce this after the season finished. However, due to the intense media speculation, this was clearly not possible.

The club found themselves in a no-win situation. The alternative, to leave him in charge for the last 2 games, when the whole world knew he was going, would have been painful in the extreme. And would have been a repeat of Hughes' last game in charge.

Thanks for everything Roberto. We love you.

The players haven't delivered this and they know it. Fuck me, If my goalkeeper let two in through his legs in a season I'd bollock him both privately AND publicly. So many sub-par performances this season. Mancini has undoubtedly made mistakes but can you legislate for Barry at Southampton, Hart at Southampton, Kompany at the Bernabeu, Nasri v United at home etc etc ?

Its not just those youve quoted though, is it? the very first league game we were lucky to scrape past Southampton (newly promoted), we made Liverpool look like Real Madrid in the home game, and need I mention Everton? You have to be blinkered to not realise something has been wrong all season. Sergio, Silva have looked stifled all season. Yaya has been a shadow of last season. Im grateful to Mancini, but surely you must appreciate that the owners feel short changed?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Some of the reactions on here are preposterous.

I have good memories of Roberto and what he has delivered, but it's football management: a well paid, yet brutal and unforgiving job. He knew this when he embarked on this career path: he has followed in others' wake before and he will again. That is the nature of the game of football management.

None of us can know the sub-plot to this decision, at least at the moment. I'm not saying that this is the case, but if his relationships have broken down beyond the point of critical mass, then there's no turning back from that. That's the way of the world.

Our owners deserve our absolute trust to make the right decisions. Does anyone seriously think Mancini would have come to City if Taskin was still in charge or worse, we were in administration? On that basis anyone egregiously criticising them is being foolish.

Thanks Roberto, you've given me the best footballing memories of my life, but you got to manage my football club for three and a half years and were well rewarded for doing it, which is why my reserves of sympathy are not limitless at your dismissal, or even the nature of it. There plenty of people on this board struggling to find work who are far more deserving of my sympathies.

He'll get over this and move forward, as will City. City is what really matters, individuals are just extras passing through. People shouldn't lose sight of that.

Took the words (well most of them...) out of my mouth.

Good post mate.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
if Kiddo is taking control of the last 2 games AND the US Tour, thats a long wait for the new manager. If the Pellegrini deal was done, why say Kiddo takes control of the US Tour?

I dont think we have anyone lined up now Pellegrini has denied it.

oh god .......

..... are we gonna end up with Benitez???!!!
Does la liga and our US tour finish around the same time?

US tour is end of May mate and I think MP would be available on June 1st

I can see were this is all going ...

Kidd becomes interim manager.
Kidd does a fantastic and sublime job for the remaining two games and US tour.
Kidd creates a bond with players.
Fans want Kidd as full-time manager.
Kidd is let go.
Fans are outraged.

de niro said:
Shadz69 said:
Good luck Bobby. Not enough players willing to put it on the line for him.Won't be out of work for long but fuck me we could have handled it so much better.

Correct. Wait till he knocks us out of the champions league, I will piss myself.
??????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.