Club Statement (Mancini sacked) (Cont)

Re: Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

PSmyth07 said:
BlueDejong said:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/05/14/3977806/revealed-mancinis-75-million-pay-off-manchester-citys-10-man

Key members of the former manager's backroom team including David Platt and Attilio Lombardo are set to follow the youth coaches axed yesterday out of Etihad Stadium exit door

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Roberto Mancini will be handed a minimum £7.5 million pay-off as Manchester City execute an extensive cull of their former manager’s backroom staff, Goal.com can reveal.

At least 10 members of the club’s existing coaching staff are to be axed following a comprehensive review of the coaching operations at Etihad Stadium.

The exodus is set to be headed by first-team coach David Platt and the extended Italian entourage that includes Under-21s manager Attilio Lombardo, senior coach Fausto Salsano, fitness coach Ivan Carminati, goalkeeping coach Massimo Battara and defensive coach Angelo Gregucci.

The City sacking programme, which is believed to have been led by sporting director Txiki Begiristain, has been broadened to include coaches further down the coaching chain.

Goal.com understands that long-time City servants who work with the academy players Jim Cassell and Paul Power, along with Under-18s coach Adam Sadler, were all dismissed on Monday with immediate effect. Pete Lowe, the head of education and coaching, is also facing the axe.

However, Mancini’s No 2 Brian Kidd, who will take caretaker charge of the City team for the final two matches of the season, including Tuesday’s trip to Reading, is expected to remain with the club under the regime of the new manager.

Sources have said one possibility is that the popular 63-year-old takes on a senior role working with the academy at the Etihad Stadium campus.

Begiristain is understood to have been the driving force for the coaching overhaul following a root and branch review of the club’s backroom set-up since he joined City last October.

Mancini had four years remaining on his contract but the former Inter Milan manager’s pay-off will be limited to 12 months’ salary should he get another job immediately.

Under the severance terms of the five-year contract he signed last summer, Mancini is set to receive an initial sum of £7.5m, which will be topped up for every month that he is out of work.

The 48-year-old is a target for super-rich French club Monaco, as well as Italian club Napoli.

Platt is also expected to receive a vast settlement figure if, as expected, he follows Mancini out of the exit door. The former England midfielder’s City salary is understood to be around £900,000-a-year.

-

All gone

Platt on £900,000 a year?

I know. How much are webster and barlow on if shes on £900,000

nickson71 said:
TimmyP said:
Ok, I know how BM works, and I know the ridicule I'm going to get for putting this.

But this is what I've been told this morning:

Pellegrini has an agreement with MCFC to become new manager and has done since last week.

There has been a late move, not by us, but by another manager who is interesting in joining us, and the board are interested in him.

Pellegrini is aware of this, and has no objections - he is also in contact with Barcelona.

I have no reason to lie, so just thought I'd put out there what i've told.

if true the club had better make there minds up fucking quick as they could put themself in a situation where we don't get either.

Wow this could be true then, interesting.

gh_mcfc said:
TimmyP said:
Ok, I know how BM works, and I know the ridicule I'm going to get for putting this.

Pellegrini has an agreement with MCFC to become new manager and has done since last week.

There has been a late move, not by us, but by another manager who is interesting in joining us, and the board are interested in him.

Pellegrini is aware of this, and has no objections - he is also in contact with Barcelona.

I do it .. Sauce???

Sweet Chilli?.... and WHO is this manager!!!

TimmyP said:

This seems entirely plausible. If I was an ambitious manager and the City job suddenly became available I would email my CV, so to speak.

jollylescott said:
TimmyP said:

This seems entirely plausible. If I was an ambitious manager and the City job suddenly became available I would email my CV, so to speak.

Steve Kean?

gio's side step said:
If the statement is genuine then Mancini knew he was probably going back in Feb when the league was effectively lost. Suspect the 'targets' were to win the PL and qualify for the next stages of the CL. It was agreed verbally (Pellegrini) before the cup so that made no difference.

It's either a genuine statement or its bullshit

If we are to believe the statement the only target we met was "qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League" - ie: finishing in the top 4 - the statement makes no mention of winning the Premiership . No one knows what the target was for the Champs league -given the extremely difficult draw I can't see the target being qualification from group stages but it may have been to achieve third. Really were guessing at what these targets were but you might be right about Feb. I suspect the targets gave them an excuse but I think the decision could also have been based on team performance, man management and (if he was accountable) some wasted money in the transfer market.

Pastor Kidney said:
gh_mcfc said:
TimmyP said:

I do it .. Sauce???

Sweet Chilli?.... and WHO is this manager!!!

Mourinho?

Klopp?

Who else would they seriously consider over Pellegrini who they have supposedly been after for months?

jknight said:
gio's side step said:
If the statement is genuine then Mancini knew he was probably going back in Feb when the league was effectively lost. Suspect the 'targets' were to win the PL and qualify for the next stages of the CL. It was agreed verbally (Pellegrini) before the cup so that made no difference.

It's either a genuine statement or its bullshit

If we are to believe the statement the only target we met was "qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League" - ie: finishing in the top 4 - the statement makes no mention of winning the Premiership . No one knows what the target was for the Champs league -given the extremely difficult draw I can't see the target being qualification from group stages but it may have been to achieve third. Really were guessing at what these targets were but you might be right about Feb. I suspect the targets gave them an excuse but I think the decision could also have been based on team performance, man management and (if he was accountable) some wasted money in the transfer market.

Again, I think people need to get out of this mindset of set in stone targets and start thinking more in terms of general performances.

Whether the target was to get out of the CL groups or not is largely irrelevant, because the performances were on the whole incredibly below par. Same in the league. We haven't fired Bobby for not winning the league, that would be madness. We've fired him because along with a season long string of shit performances separated by the old worldly (when the players considered the opposition worthy of beating), we've ended up double figure points behind 1st place. 2nd could be accepted if we missed out by a whisker playing good football putting in good performances, we didn't. We missed it by a mile playing shit. Huge, huge difference.

what if this "other manager happens to be benitez"???????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.