Club Statement (Mancini sacked) (Cont)

Re: Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Thanks Roberto, for the best moment in my 45 years of supporting City and good luck in the future.

Onwards and upwards though, here's to an exciting new season!

adrianr said:
blue underpants said:
Im not going to read back through all these posts but what has the 2 prime Mancini outers Dids Dave and Billy Shears had to say?

They've wished him well and are both looking forward to the new appointment, whoever that may be. Nothing exciting.
Good, glad to see there is no triumphalism and i am looking forward to a level headed contribution from them over the new man in the next few days and just hope it does not descend into name calling and bickering, they can be better than that sometimes

Fallingbostel Blue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Thank you for the two trophies and the 6 months or so of incredible football that more or less won those trophies. Also thank you to the club for having the balls to sack the manager at the right time. Given that a large part of the support seem fixated with Mancini and can see no wrong in anything he does, it would have been easy to just carry on and let things drift for another year. I can't help but think of what players like Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Hart, Kompany and Nasri are really capable of and the pale shadow of those players we have seen this season. I can't wait for next season now and the now genuine possibilty of seeing our players perform in a manner that we all know they can.

Totally agree, we all could see what was happening this season, Mancini was alienating himself within the club, his tactics were too slow and pedestrian we were always narrow and easy to play against. Wigan just stifled us on Saturday by pressing high up the pitch and not allowing us to play from the back. I am no football genius but who else knew what subs he would make on saturday. You could tell by Tevez's ironic laugh even he knew he was coming off. I will be eternally greatful for what Mancini has done for us but I think any manager that brings harminony, pace and width to this team will be a world beater.

That's the problem, I think there were plenty who couldn't or maybe they just refused to acknowledge it.

fiddlesticksblue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Thank you for the two trophies and the 6 months or so of incredible football that more or less won those trophies. Also thank you to the club for having the balls to sack the manager at the right time. Given that a large part of the support seem fixated with Mancini and can see no wrong in anything he does, it would have been easy to just carry on and let things drift for another year. I can't help but think of what players like Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Hart, Kompany and Nasri are really capable of and the pale shadow of those players we have seen this season. I can't wait for next season now and the now genuine possibilty of seeing our players perform in a manner that we all know they can.

Let's see how the players perform tonight at Reading....if there was really any bad blood between the players and Mancini I'd expect a nice 5 or 6 goal City performance tonight to secure 2nd place in style and reward all those fans who will be there supporting them.

Lol. So if we don't win by 5 it was the wrong decision ;-)

KLOPP IN THE NAME OF LOVE
HE'S COME TO SAVE THE CLUB
HE'S TAKING OVERRRRRRRRR
HE'S TAKING OVERRRRRRRRR

Haha please be true just so I can sing this. Funny in work today!

Scottyboi said:
HE'S TAKING OVERRRRRRRRR
HE'S TAKING OVERRRRRRRRR

Haha please be true just so I can sing this. Funny in work today!

Hahaha that would be hilarious ringing out around the ground.

Lancet Fluke said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Totally agree, we all could see what was happening this season, Mancini was alienating himself within the club, his tactics were too slow and pedestrian we were always narrow and easy to play against. Wigan just stifled us on Saturday by pressing high up the pitch and not allowing us to play from the back. I am no football genius but who else knew what subs he would make on saturday. You could tell by Tevez's ironic laugh even he knew he was coming off. I will be eternally greatful for what Mancini has done for us but I think any manager that brings harminony, pace and width to this team will be a world beater.

That's the problem, I think there were plenty who couldn't or maybe they just refused to acknowledge it.
As fans we can only comment on what we see with our own eyes. For me there was never any agenda with Bob. All I have seen this season is a slow innexorable deterioration in the standards of our performances culminating in last Sat. I even commented after the West Ham game even though we won that that level of commitment wouldn´t and shouldn´t be accepted anywhere - least of all by a team of reigning champions. Soton, Everton, Pool, Swansea - need I go on?!
Ferguscum just wouldn´t have stood for it

Thank you Roberto Mancini for all the great memories and things I never thought I'd see. I’ll never forget winning FA Cup, the 6:1 and most of all winning the Premier League with that goal.

Good Luck for the future, Forza Mancini.

hgblue said:
samharris said:
blue underpants said:
Im not going to read back through all these posts but what has the 2 prime Mancini outers Dids Dave and Billy Shears had to say?

I dont believe that any point scoring will be going on today..

Nope, but after all the shit those two have taken on here I wouldn't blame them one bit if there was. The FA cup final put the tin hat on what has been a fucking shite season bearing in mind the quality of our squad, and I fully support the decision to sack the manager. We'll appoint a top class manager and move on, and Mancini will walk away with a nice payoff and sort himself out with another job quite soon I'm sure. Eeeza football.

Where's the "classic" Mancini dugout photo? ;-)

Had to go, i am personally glad, very much so actually.. thanks for the memories and good luck for your future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.