Club Statement - SCUM Apology

We are happy to set the record straight Loosely translated as 'FUCK ME!!! Those lawlers at City are the dogs and we are in the deep if we don't grovel on our knees and say sorry big time'. Pharrrrrffff!!!!

Dr Bolouswki said:
Matty said:
The Sun will continue to make shit up because it sells papers. How many people read the watches story? Thousands. How many people will even notice this apology, assuming as per usual it's in small print hidden away in the paper? Virtually no-one.

sadly this is spot on

Right. But at least they have paid for it. Hope it was substantial.

I have never understood why an 'Apology' shouldn't be forced to
be the same size and in the same place as the original article.

From memory the original article was back page news, yet you
can bet the apology will be hidden away in the corner 6 pages in.

Sun issue apology

The Sun newspaper has today issued the following apology in relation to an article written earlier this summer. The Club will donate all damages awarded in this matter to the Manchester New Children’s Hospital appeal.

MANCHESTER CITY FC AND SHEIKH MANSOUR

A report on 16 July stated that Sheikh Mansour, owner of Manchester City FC, had given a number of players watches worth £168,000 when he met them at a reception in Abu Dhabi.

We now understand that the report was incorrect. No such gifts were made and Sheikh Mansour was not present. We are happy to set the record straight and apologise for any embarrassment caused.

Re: Sun issue apology

Still didnt' stop Steve Howard from writing aload of shite about us though

This isnt the first time the club has made the sun apologise... a few months back there was an apology/retraction over an untrue story that our owners had offered mourhino £xxx millions to replace hughes.

Hate the scum red top for what it is and would never buy it, not that i have that luxury here anyway, but i never bought it when i was in the UK.

I would never normally side with the scousers, but after the disgraceful reporting of the Hillsborough tragedy(which in all truth should have closed the scum newspaper down once and for all back then and whatever the rights and wrongs, people, football fans like you and I going to a cup semi-final actually died!!) they stopped buying the scum paper on-masse, which we should simply follow suit and tell all your friends to stop doing so as well and if just 2 or 3 out of 10 do so, we have a result!!

At least some good came of this and the Manchester New Children’s Hospital appeal is financially better off than before the sad piece came out..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.