Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

Take it these games are going to be on at times like 1.00 am to 3.00 am in the uk ..
I am assuming (correctly or not) east coast games (5 hours ahead of the UK) will most likely be around midnight UK time though weekend games definitely earlier.
The issue with LA and Seattle is they are 8 hours behind so even games at 2pm at weekends are 10pm UK.

If it’s based on a World Cup tournament and 2 games a day at different times, I think many stadiums would struggle to fill on a midweek game at 2 or 3pm local time. Of course Real Madrid etc will do so but lesser teams from non European countries will be low.

Screenshot_20241003_192352_Sky Sports.jpgScreenshot_20241003_192416_Sky Sports.jpg

Just when you thought football couldn't become more daft...

"Clubs participating in next summer's Club World Cup will have to take their strongest squads and field their strongest teams.

FIFA's expanded new 32-team tournament is scheduled to take place in the United States from June 15 to July 13 next summer.

Manchester City and Chelsea are the only English teams taking part and FIFA regulations mean they will not be able to allow any players to miss the tournament after a long season of domestic and European football.

In a further move to make sure squads are as strong as possible, FIFA will allow the member associations of all participating teams to open their transfer window from June 1-10 2025 so new signings can be registered before the tournament starts on June 15.

Clubs can also replace players during a restricted in-competition period from June 27 to July 3 within a set limit and according to specific limitations, including the fact that a "standard" registration window must be open for the club at the time."

Screenshot_20241003_193937_Sky Sports.jpg

Opinion: Enough is fuckin enough! How can FIFA dictate to clubs which players they must take & play? Both City & Chelsea will be at a disadvantage for the 2025 - 2026 season, as both will essentially have been playing continuous football for two season without a break.

To further illustrate how bent & self-serving football's governing body is, they're creating a special transfer window for the tournament, with players out of contract in June being able to extend their contracts until July 13th.

On top of this, Beckham's Inter Miami are rumoured to be in-line for an invite to take part, so Messi can participate! To win the tournament we'll have to play SEVEN GAMES, with the PL season ready to restart 4 weeks later!

This is utter fuckin madness driven by sheer greed!! What I don't get is why Soriano is reportedly helping FIFA to promote the tournament, that risks further burnout & injury to our team?

https://www.skysports.com/share/13227224

It’s a tournament we should be going balls out to win. Treat is as pre-season. We won’t need to do a tour to USA or anywhere after this so that’s a plus at least.
Maybe the EPL will be kind to us with the start of next season’s fixtures and let us play the 3 promoted teams first off. I’m not holding my breath though.

It’s a tournament we should be going balls out to win. Treat is as pre-season. We won’t need to do a tour to USA or anywhere after this so that’s a plus at least.
Maybe the EPL will be kind to us with the start of next season’s fixtures and let us play the 3 promoted teams first off. I’m not holding my breath though.
There's no break between the end of the season & the start of the tournament, not to mention international call ups for the shit Nations League.

Also, what do the players do post tournament? Take their summer breaks for 4 weeks & return to PL action straight away?

I think this tournament will be the real deal. Scouse and rag fans diminishing it because they’re not there.
When Uruguay won the WC in ‘30 it was seen as a bit of a novelty event and their win now counts just as much as the recent victors.
Plus £100m to the winner!

I think this tournament will be the real deal. Scouse and rag fans diminishing it because they’re not there.
When Uruguay won the WC in ‘30 it was seen as a bit of a novelty event and their win now counts just as much as the recent victors.
Plus £100m to the winner!
£100m or another Rodri situation for a season? For me they can keep the £100m.

If our players had a month off & two weeks training prior to the tournament & then a couples of weeks' rest before the PL season started, then we could view this as pre-season, but the way the tournament's been scheduled, we'll have a period of four weeks before the PL kicks off.

This is utter madness, without a thought for player wellbeing.

The £100m is just for starters. All the extra eyes on us worldwide = more revenue.
Us winning would also boost future sponsorship deals allowing us to justify us exceeding accepted market value. Essentially we could agree deals that others wouldnt be able to.
Also it would cement our place as currently the most viewed team by US audience.
And we win a trophy that is likely to be highly coveted going forward.
All the above would place us at a significant advantage to red cartel who aren’t invited.
If the trade off is a slow start to the following season, well that’s usually factored in whenever there’s a summer tournament.
Pros outweigh the cons for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.