Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

The £100m is just for starters. All the extra eyes on us worldwide = more revenue.
Us winning would also boost future sponsorship deals allowing us to justify us exceeding accepted market value. Essentially we could agree deals that others wouldnt be able to.
Also it would cement our place as currently the most viewed team by US audience.
And we win a trophy that is likely to be highly coveted going forward.
All the above would place us at a significant advantage to red cartel who aren’t invited.
If the trade off is a slow start to the following season, well that’s usually factored in whenever there’s a summer tournament.
Pros outweigh the cons for me.
And in the process, we flog our players to death? This is worth £100m to Manchester City Football Club?

As Rodri & KDB said, the players haven't asked for this, hence why there's muted talk of a player strike.

If City weren't involved, I wouldn't be watching. The first World Club Cup I've ever watched was the one we were involved in. For me this is a bullshit competition with more downsides than ups for City.

FIFA can keep their £100m. I'd rather our players have a proper rest, proper pre-season & a proper start to the season. £100m & a few more eyeballs on City isn't worth the stress on our players welfare imo.

Last edited:
View attachment 133767View attachment 133768

Just when you thought football couldn't become more daft...

"Clubs participating in next summer's Club World Cup will have to take their strongest squads and field their strongest teams.

FIFA's expanded new 32-team tournament is scheduled to take place in the United States from June 15 to July 13 next summer.

Manchester City and Chelsea are the only English teams taking part and FIFA regulations mean they will not be able to allow any players to miss the tournament after a long season of domestic and European football.

In a further move to make sure squads are as strong as possible, FIFA will allow the member associations of all participating teams to open their transfer window from June 1-10 2025 so new signings can be registered before the tournament starts on June 15.

Clubs can also replace players during a restricted in-competition period from June 27 to July 3 within a set limit and according to specific limitations, including the fact that a "standard" registration window must be open for the club at the time."

View attachment 133769

Opinion: Enough is fuckin enough! How can FIFA dictate to clubs which players they must take & play? Both City & Chelsea will be at a disadvantage for the 2025 - 2026 season, as both will essentially have been playing continuous football for two season without a break.

To further illustrate how bent & self-serving football's governing body is, they're creating a special transfer window for the tournament, with players out of contract in June being able to extend their contracts until July 13th.

On top of this, Beckham's Inter Miami are rumoured to be in-line for an invite to take part, so Messi can participate! To win the tournament we'll have to play SEVEN GAMES, with the PL season ready to restart 4 weeks later!

This is utter fuckin madness driven by sheer greed!! What I don't get is why Soriano is reportedly helping FIFA to promote the tournament, that risks further burnout & injury to our team?

https://www.skysports.com/share/13227224
It will be much better than any of the meaningless international matches this season.

I think this tournament will be the real deal. Scouse and rag fans diminishing it because they’re not there.
When Uruguay won the WC in ‘30 it was seen as a bit of a novelty event and their win now counts just as much as the recent victors.
Plus £100m to the winner!
Sky are already slagging this tournament. Presumably at the behest of the Red cartel clubs who are not in it. I wouldn’t trust a word reported by Sky. They will trash it because they won’t have the broadcasting rights. The Club WC will rival the CL in future years. City v River Plate much more attractive than England v Greece or Finland led by Carsley.

Playing the Champions of Asia? Also, what happens to FIFA's national team premacy in calling up players? I say this with the equally pointless Nations League in mind.

Will FIFA go back on their own rules for their expanded competition?
Long term I think FIFA will slim down the internationals because the Club WC will be commercially more lucrative. They can’t sell the rights to most international games anyway.

And in the process, we flog our players to death? This is worth £100m to Manchester City Football Club?

As Rodri & KDB said, the players haven't asked for this, hence why there's muted talk of a player strike.

If City weren't involved, I wouldn't be watching. The first World Club Cup I've ever watched was the one we were involved in. For me this is a bullshit competition with more downsides than ups for City.

FIFA can keep their £100m. I'd rather our players have a proper rest, proper pre-season & a proper start to the season. £100m & few few more eyeballs on City isn't worth the stress on our players welfare imo.
And when next season ends it’s straight into the World Cup for all the players except Haaland

This exists as the end result of football bosses finally forcing competitive European football into the American market.

And of course Inter Miami are getting an invite.

Tickets and all the peripherals will be extortionate, it's just added games for players (if you have to insert a rule that teams have to field their strongest players that says everything)

I'd be a little less cynical had the American response to City's preseason tour not been a massive collective woman about how they've been robbed of seeing players who had just come out of an international tournament.

Actually got into an argument with someone demanding that Rodri doesn't get a vacation because America makes City too much money.

Basically I want America to fuck off out of European football rather than just leaving their own league to be a playground for the 14/15 Barcelona team.

FIFA won’t do that as the only country competition they run is the World Cup. They won’t slim down their only cash cow.
I am thinking of perhaps the qualifiers. International football is in decline generally. Shit crowds (not here) and even shitter football apart from the final stages. The last Euros was dire. My gut feeling is club football will become more dominant and the Club WC will become very important over time. For City to win the first proper one would be fantastic. I don’t care about the doommongers at LFC and MUFC who have not qualified or their pals in the media. I agree there are too many games but international football will have to be slimmed down. Playing Finland and Greece in the next week has no value.

This exists as the end result of football bosses finally forcing competitive European football into the American market.

And of course Inter Miami are getting an invite.

Tickets and all the peripherals will be extortionate, it's just added games for players (if you have to insert a rule that teams have to field their strongest players that says everything)

I'd be a little less cynical had the American response to City's preseason tour not been a massive collective woman about how they've been robbed of seeing players who had just come out of an international tournament.

Actually got into an argument with someone demanding that Rodri doesn't get a vacation because America makes City too much money.

Basically I want America to fuck off out of European football rather than just leaving their own league to be a playground for the 14/15 Barcelona team.
You don’t have to watch it if you don’t want to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.