Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

You don’t have to watch it if you don’t want to.

It's not about whether I want to watch. I'm not paying any money towards it. My issue is that there seems to have been some unspoken agreement at the top end of football that players at the elite level don't require any type of time off and you can just keep shoving them into more and more games to satisfy the yank market.

The best player in the world just had a season ending injury after complaining about fixture workload.

Good luck trying to dictate who make up the strongest team. How are they going to prove a player isn't injured if we say they're injured and don't travel?

I honestly hope we take the piss, send the EDS squad, bank the guaranteed money for participating don't expect to do particularly well in it for the extra revenue and give the players the rest they need instead.

Long term I think FIFA will slim down the internationals because the Club WC will be commercially more lucrative. They can’t sell the rights to most international games anyway.
FIFA have already increased the number of teams in the WC & UEFA are doing the same with the Euro's, ON TOP of the pointless Nations League. Something's gotta give, & for City it was Rodri's knee.

The players have gotta stop complaining & start prioritising OR striking as they keep mumbling.

And when next season ends it’s straight into the World Cup for all the players except Haaland
Exactly. How much more physical strain are the players expected to take? To be honest, the players are as much to blame. Unless they stop complaining & stand up for themselves, the situation will only get worse.

Just imagine FIFA or UEFA trying to pull off one of their bullshit tournaments, without the world's elite players? Without the players, the governing bodies have nothing, so it's up to the players to protect themselves & ultimately their long-term health.

It's not about whether I want to watch. I'm not paying any money towards it. My issue is that there seems to have been some unspoken agreement at the top end of football that players at the elite level don't require any type of time off and you can just keep shoving them into more and more games to satisfy the yank market.

The best player in the world just had a season ending injury after complaining about fixture workload.
They play too many games. Too many CL games in the new format and too many absurd internationals against pub teams. I think the Club WC will become a major event in the future and has much more value than meaningless England matches. I would cut the internationals which are also destroying the early sections of the PL. We never used to have all these stupid qualifiers for the World Cup and the Euros. The Nations League is just a joke.

They play too many games. Too many CL games in the new format and too many absurd internationals against pub teams. I think the Club WC will become a major event in the future and has much more value than meaningless England matches. I would cut the internationals which are also destroying the early sections of the PL. We never used to have all these stupid qualifiers for the World Cup and the Euros. The Nations League is just a joke.
The only way I can see the Club World Cup working is if it replaced pre-season. The players would have their normal end of season break, a couple of weeks training, the 4 week CWC, a couple of weeks rest, then the Community Shield before the start of the PL & CL.

Based on this premise & the ditching of the Nations League & pointless International friendlies, I'd be all for it. However, both UEFA & FIFA are adding to the many competitions we already have, & expanding the amount of teams taking part across the board. It's now beyond ridiculous!

The fact FIFA are "forcing" Clubs to field full strength teams & co-opting Soriano to help them sell the tournament, shows how worried they are about the success of the CWC.

Will they ban competing lucrative pre-season tournaments whilst the CWC is taking place? FIFA haven't thought this through properly & are evidently using strong-arm tactics to ensure the participation of the world's elite teams & players & to boost audience interest.

If City aren't involved in the CWC, I doubt I'd be interested in watching.

This tournament replaces the confederation cup in the calendar which has always taken place the year preceding the world cup in the country hosting the World Cup the following year.

It has not been created to satisfy the "yank market", it has been created solely to deepen pockets of already wealthy people all around the world, including Manchester City. We are not being forced to play in it, we are actively promoting it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.