Clubbing around Manchester, late 80's

simonk

Bit of a cross over time - the old clubs were still going strong and the drugs hadnt quite become mainstream and lead to the massive influx of new places. A suit, or if not at least a tie were very much de rigueur.

Our first experiences were a trip out to the Valley Lodge, members for a year, then Fridays where we were members. Swerving home wasnt quite the pariah it is now.

I recall town used to consist of Legends,The Beer Keller, The Cyprus Tavern, Saturdays. Where else?
I remember 21 Piccadilly opening - but that was about 90 I guess.

What was the place in the back streets off Market Street - but gothy I think?

Its all a bit of a blur

I remember the Valley Lodge, Red stripe lager, a lot of the door staff always had a little bit too much to say for themselves at the end of the night for some reason.

I remember the Continental Club (affectionately referred to as The Conti) near Whitworth Street - although if you were wearing a suit/tie, you wouldn't get in!

I went to De Ville's off Albert Square, 2 rooms one indie, one dance, with Lional Richie's brother on the door !!

42 second street was a great place and the Ritz on Student night

I was an indie buy with a bit of a compulsion for goth so went to the Banshee now and again.

Joe CurryGan said:
I remember the Continental Club (affectionately referred to as The Conti) near Whitworth Street - although if you were wearing a suit/tie, you wouldn't get in!

Tuesday night, nurses.....

also good
continental club,
Cyprus Tavern,
Corbierres (just off St Ann's square) great pub

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.