Clubbing around Manchester, late 80's

Dirty Harry said:
I remember the Valley Lodge, Red stripe lager, a lot of the door staff always had a little bit too much to say for themselves at the end of the night for some reason.

got thrown out one night and some random bloke showed me how to get back through the hotel, into the kitchen and back into the club. managed another half hour or so and got seen again - out again. No problem I thought and back I headed - this time getting caught mid kitchen. Got a hiding

Dare I say Placemate 7? Seem to remember Gary Davies was the DJ there and no-one's mentioned Rotters. God I was a classy lass - malibu and pineapple anyone?

Millionaire Club behind Lewis's as well.

Tramps on Cross Street - you went downstairs - there was a record shop near the entrance called The Spin Inn - sold Motown, Northern Soul and American imports.

I think it was done up and became Smarties.

Brahms and Listz with the big leather sofas on Brown Street.

Oscars on Peter Street with Savilles disco upstairs - in it's later years it opened a wine bar in the basement that opened till about 1am mid week and was free entry when most places that opened till 2am charged the earth. Can't remember it's name though.

I started clubbing before I went pubbing in the late '80s - it was much easier for a 15-year-old wearing white stilettos and three layers of makeup to get into Legends and The Playpen in Town than any pub in Stockport.

I remember The Playpen being cram-ful of dirty old men with 'sovvies' and medallions who'd line themselves along the walkways and eye up all the 'talent'. I also have hazy memories of a Richmonds and a Richfields (I think the latter was seedier), as well as a club in Heaton Moor which I'm struggling to remember the name of...

this is all a bit town centric for me, lets get rural

Shades and Grays in Stalybridge

Cherries in Droylsden

The Old Barn in Ashton

Jeckells in Hyde

and the unforgetable Blitz, which was basically a portacabin opposite Glossop Caravans, quality birds in there ......not!

Jeckylls of Hyde. Went in there on the way home after an all dayer at Sheff Wed. Place was rough as fuck.

Late 80's my mates and I used to get wasted every night in:

Mon - Ritz or Legends (5th ave)
Tues - 42nd St or Ritzy in Bolton.
Wed - Ritz - Night was called Temptation.
Thurs - Hacienda
Fri - Venue
Sat - Lazy lils, before 10.00 (it was free), then walk through to Devilles.

Plenty of other places, such as the Banshee, Isadoras, Richfields, Precinct 13.

Happy days.

I lived in house opposite Jekylls for 9 months in 1988, bought it for £10k, never paid £60 a month mortgage, out for beer and curry every night, nearly repoed, walked away with fuck all, happy days!

Elvis sings theBlues said:
this is all a bit town centric for me, lets get rural

Shades and Grays in Stalybridge

Cherries in Droylsden

The Old Barn in Ashton

Jeckells in Hyde

and the unforgetable Blitz, which was basically a portacabin opposite Glossop Caravans, quality birds in there ......not!

Grays on a weds night was a cattle market. We used to start off in the pub next to the organ.
Weekends was yuppies, daks and mintz after a night round ashton in yates's, loose moose, chaplins, the vaults, the cavern etc.

Happy days.

Man Alive near the poly
The Venue down from the hacienda
The Hacienda
and some gay place called archway under the archway(!) opposite the Venue

Happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.