Clubs furloughing staff

Very odd statement they made.

They should have just apologised and left it at that. The rest of the statement is just a load of bluster.

they have skin thicker than a rhino. How they managed to squeeze this statement in there, I will never know.

“Like any responsible employer concerned for its workers in the current situation...”

I used to quite Oliver Holt but he's just another ass licking scouse apologist

He is absolutely. But he was the same with ferguson and his lot back in the day.
He’s highly overrated for me, yet seems to occupy some exalted position in the written press, getting his own page in his paper, along the lines of Samuel, as some kind of sage across all sports. More like the Wizard of Oz.

He is absolutely. But he was the same with ferguson and his lot back in the day.
He’s highly overrated for me, yet seems to occupy some exalted position in the written press, getting his own page in his paper, along the lines of Samuel, as some kind of sage across all sports. More like the Wizard of Oz.

Or maybe the scarecrow?

Boils my piss, they get praised for being ****s and caught out about it so changing it,
Meanwhile we get slated for a “u-turn” about making the NHS pay running costs.
Hope these ****s lose their jobs

Not just spin, this is dishonest.

A significant proportion of LFCs outgoings is of course player wages. Yet a significant proportion of those wages will be performance related. Appearances, trophies, goals, assists, etc. They are not going to be paying any of those any time soon, so their outgoings do not remain as they were, despite what Peter Moore said in their letter.

The saving they would have made by placing non playing staff on furlough is a tiny proportion of what they are saving by not paying their playing staff win bonuses, goal bonuses, appearance bonuses etc.

Ignoring that, and the basic fact that their profits make it clear they could have carried their non playing staff for ten years and barely made a dent in their profits, shows this exercise for what it was: a brazen attempt to gain financial benefit for themselves from the crisis that is affecting the entire country.
To say that I am disappointed but not shocked by the usual media spin and ease that FSG have been let off the hook for this is a sad indictment of the already plummeted levels we expect from this profession.

The sports journo's in this country literally hold zero credibility - absolute disgrace........

To say that I am disappointed but not shocked by the usual media spin and ease that FSG have been let off the hook for this is a sad indictment of the already plummeted levels we expect from this profession.

The sports journo's in this country literally hold zero credibility - absolute disgrace........
I honestly think Liverpool have got several of them on their payroll (plus obviously, they have a disproportionate number of fans in the media). People harp on about click bait, but for every Liverpool fan that wants a good Liverpool story, there are dozens of other fans who hate the vile ****s and would like to read a negative story. The only other explanation I can think of for them getting nothing but positive press, is journalists and their bosses are afraid of upsetting them; through sensitivity over Hillsborough or because they have a very high number of keyboard warriors fighting from their bedrooms at their mum's houses in places like Milton Keynes, who like to target individuals.

When your mum is Emily Bishop you have to feel for him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.