Club's strategy. What next?

Some problems are just made up:

1) Player unrest. That's just a figment of fans imagination.

2) The age factor is way overdone. It wont affect player's games for a couple of seasons

3) City have to resolve the future and commitment of players like Toure and Kompany. The decline in these two player's games has been dramatic. I think Yaya Toure will get fit in the Summer. I think Kompany will recover as well, although I don't know what has happened there at all.

4) City have dropped a level this season. Not because the new players are poor, but because established players like Toure, Kompany and Zabaleta are way below the level they were at last season.

5) Surprised to see a few comments about other players like Navas, Nasri and Fernando. Some players like Silva, Aguero, and Nasri are as good if not better than ever. Add Hart to that as well.

6) Its hard to criticise Pellegrini for the dip in players standards. Is it something that a manager can deal with? Ferguson managed to deal with it, and Chelsea have always had the hunger. I believe City lack a Mike Doyle on the pitch. It's always attitude. Without that you win nothing. And this is the second season where we have seen this.

There are those things known and those things unknown and in between are the doors of perception.

Ducado said:
New thread, same pointless navel gazing and crystal ball reading some people seem to worry too much, where does it get you? Apart from sapping the enjoyment out of being a fan, believe it or not there are more important things in life

We are still 2nd and if we don't win it, that's where I think we will finish, I am OK with that we are going to have barren seasons all top clubs do, and some seasons we will not be at our best, it happens relax enjoy the ride
It's sometimes difficult to enjoy when you've skipped breakfasts for a week and not left the house in the evenings for a week to be able to afford an away ticket only to see your side play like a bunch of cunts who don't give a fuck or see a inept tactical display from the manager.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Ducado said:
New thread, same pointless navel gazing and crystal ball reading some people seem to worry too much, where does it get you? Apart from sapping the enjoyment out of being a fan, believe it or not there are more important things in life

We are still 2nd and if we don't win it, that's where I think we will finish, I am OK with that we are going to have barren seasons all top clubs do, and some seasons we will not be at our best, it happens relax enjoy the ride

The need to analyse the shit out of everything these days takes away what being a football fan used to be about.

I can't imagine what their lives are like, I love going to games, and can't wait for the next one, I genuinely love the whole experience seeing friends having a laugh if we lose I get over it, I don't use the club as a tranquilizer meaning that it has no bearing on my happiness

Ducado said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Ducado said:

The need to analyse the shit out of everything these days takes away what being a football fan used to be about.

I can't imagine what their lives are like, I love going to games, and can't wait for the next one, I genuinely love the whole experience seeing friends having a laugh if we lose I get over it, I don't use the club as a tranquilizer meaning that it has no bearing on my happiness

I blame TV and to some extent talk radio. Over the last 10 years or so everyone has become a fucking expert. Know-nothing gobshites like Jamie Redknapp constantly in your face telling you how the best managers in the world are doing it wrong. Like you say, why can't fans just go to the game and enjoy it for the social experience that is is, a coming together of people in a crowd. I imagine they go to concerts and explain to their mates how the speaker set-up is all wrong and how they would have set out the stage differently. If they are such fucking experts go and coach a kids team.

Marvin said:
3) City have to resolve the future and commitment of players like Toure and Kompany. The decline in these two player's games has been dramatic. I think Yaya Toure will get fit in the Summer. I think Kompany will recover as well, although I don't know what has happened there at all.
Kompany and Zabaletta, its quite simple, their problem is that they're trying too hard, both need to relax, and get back to what they're good at, do the simple stuff, the rest will come back.

Yaya is yaya, great one minute, looks like he couldn't care less the next, and he's lost a yard of pace. I think he's been fine since the end of September, apart from his usual frustrations occasionally. Tried the other night too, but playing alongside Fernando in the first half would sap the life out of anyone. However we need to find his replacement now, and if we don't sell in the summer give them a year together, so the master can teach the apprentice.

Ducado said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Ducado said:

You are making a big leap to start equating criticism, and disappointment expressed on a message board with happiness and fulfilment.

I don't want to hear drivel like that. want to talk about MCFC.

What frustrates me is that yes we are 2nd, but with this squad we should have won everything this season. It's a bigger disappointment than Mancini's final season. The question is why, and what happens next.

I think I know why we're underperforming. Thedip in 3 players games is remarkable. Why it happened and was allowed to happen s something we as fans will never know. Kompany and Zabaleta will be back. Not sure about Yaya.

World Cup and personal circumstances which must have been overwhelming difficult probably played huge parts.

Ducado said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Ducado said:

I agree, I love going to the games. Not knowing how it will pan out adds to the whole matchday experience. If we lose, play poorly or whatever, I don't go into a deep state of sorrow for days / weeks on end, instead, I get on with my life and look forward to the next match. There is a whole professional infratsructure working out what will be best for City going fwd into the next few seasons, I trust them to get on with it.

I feel the OP has gotten himself to a point of sadness that he feels the need to develop a strategy for the club. I have no idea how he will feel if City totally ignore it.

As someone posted earlier, some fans are obsessed with over analysing things, which must be taking some enjoyment out of the game for them.

Each to their own though.

Marvin said:
What frustrates me is that yes we are 2nd, but with this squad we should have won everything this season.
That's just delusion I'm afraid, its a good squad yes, possibly still the best in the PL, but we have had huge injury problems from day one, and players do have indifferent form. Which is why no team EVER has won everything in England, and expecting us to do it is just unrealistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.