Clueless misrepresentations of our club

Had to laugh whllst driving home from MCWFC and listening to Georgie Bingham and Stewart Robson discussing Micah Richards.on Talksport

Robson was talking sense, only for Bingham to interrupt: "Richards was an England regular until he joined Man City"

The manager having his contract run out with less than a year help doesn't help.

Pelle can't exactly tell young players they are in his long term plans.

Not saying that villa are a bigger club than us but I've seen posts on here that have said that villa are nothing but a small club. This is a ridiculous statement, Villa are one of the biggest clubs in england who have been screwed over by their idiotic owners in the past, ring a bell?

I'll agree with you. Someone on here club villa small little club yesterday. We're not that much bigger than them, we certainly wouldn't be if didn't get taken over. Delph had every right in not joining us. Some players just love football, and captaining a big English side has got to be a great feeling. He would of won trophies here, but his choice was a fair one and stayed at villa.

Villa fans I know are very fickle and only go to games when they are doing (relatively) well. They also seem to complain the most about City having rich owners; distorting the game etc. and conveniently forget being taken over by the billionaire Randy Lerner when we didn't have a pot to piss in.

Villa aren't a small club - but I think that term is being used merely to explain their current standard of football. 'Mediocre', 'smaller' etc.
We' skyrocketed recently, but we all know why that's happened. It could have been them (in theory). They've had more success in their past than we have, but we've both been blessed with some great football at different points.
But there's no denying, as things stand today, City are a very appealing prospect and Villa aren't.

Not saying that villa are a bigger club than us but I've seen posts on here that have said that villa are nothing but a small club. This is a ridiculous statement, Villa are one of the biggest clubs in england who have been screwed over by their idiotic owners in the past, ring a bell?

small club certainly not. Probably the biggest club in the Midlands for many years. One of the biggest clubs in England - on what basis? Is it because they won the European cup many years ago? Their support is inconsistent, their success one the pitch has been poor for a long time and is still in decline. They are a club with tradition but they haven't been even near one of the biggest clubs in England in a long time

Villa are a big club. But let's be honest must of their success was pure the first world war. I know they won the league over 30 years ago and the European Cup. No FA cups since 1957 a couple of league cups in the 90s. When they've got near they've taken on their arse. They're another of the history brigade. But conveniently ignore ours. They also went down to div 4 in the early 70s remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.