COD MW3

My missus reckons she's leaving because I'm obsessed with this game. She won't get far as I've put a claymore by the door.

I've noticed the lag is fine until 5/6pm and then bam, the latency goes through the roof.

Does anybody know how the theatre mode works? Is it recorded only by the host and then distributed to the clients or are the recordings made locally? I know the file sizes are only small as they're only data files and are not rendered into a video format, but if they're going through a central server(s) it would go some way to explain why the game almost locks up at peak times and affects both Xbox and PS3 users.

GazC said:
I've noticed the lag is fine until 5/6pm and then bam, the latency goes through the roof.

Does anybody know how the theatre mode works? Is it recorded only by the host and then distributed to the clients or are the recordings made locally? I know the file sizes are only small as they're only data files and are not rendered into a video format, but if they're going through a central server(s) it would go some way to explain why the game almost locks up at peak times and affects both Xbox and PS3 users.

I read on the COD forum that it is a known fact that having the theatre mode turned on causes lag. People claim to have seen an improvement by turning off the recorder in the settings.

TrueBlue76 said:
GazC said:

I read on the COD forum that it is a known fact that having the theatre mode turned on causes lag. People claim to have seen an improvement by turning off the recorder in the settings.

I've seen a few different threads, some say it only helps if the host isn't recording, others that everybody needs to be recording and others that state that improvements can be seen by just the individual turning it off. Ultimately Infinity Ward should have released something as soon as the problem was identified to let people at least know what's causing it and what steps can be taken to reduce its impact. As it stands now, the game is broken and it's only going to get worse when others get the game at Christmas. I'd go as far as saying if you're unlucky enough to have to host a game between 5pm - 10pm it's unplayable.

had a break for a week from the online games and jesus christ it seems to have turned into a mass camping game.

BlueMooner87 said:
had a break for a week from the online games and jesus christ it seems to have turned into a mass camping game.

it's fucking terrible now for camping, i've played for alot of time on it now (sad to say) and you notice the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.