Coffee Machines

I use a Delonghi Dedica EC685 modified with a Rancilio Silvia steam wand., and a single wall, precision double basket (normally around 14-16g dose, 1:2 ratio).

I also use a Sage Dose Control Pro grinder.

It's a fair bit of a faff to 'dial in' the espresso if I change beans, but once it's set I get a consitdecently balanced and sweet espresso shot.

Lol,yeah i hear you......i spent a fucking fortune on beans initially,working out different timings and grinds.....had it about 6 weeks now and obviously still not perfected it,but i have managed a very decent effort.

Still very much hit and miss with the fucking frother though!
This might help.

I have a sage barista express as I wanted to be in more control of my coffee
I once said to my Rag S-in-L that when I retired I looked at coffee machines but thought that £1k was a lot to pay for a coffee machine. He'd bought one that I subsequently saw in a magazine and he was getting a penny change out of £2k. A Costa cortado on the road and a Tassimo anything in Ewing Towers. Mind, those bastards are selling boxes of seven pods instead of eight!

Moka pot
Around £20. I've had an Espresso machine, but these are just as good, for a fraction of the price
Just stick it on your cooker hob. Takes a bit longer than a kettle, but worth the wait.
Most filter coffee pouches are good (I swear by Lidl Classic range)
View attachment 78167
All you’ll ever see in an Italian home.
None of those £1K fancy Dan malarkeys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.