Cole Palmer

We are short of a goalscorer who can convert chances provided by others into shots on target.
Has age really got anything to do with that capability?

Obviously he will mature and learn to use his growing stature but if he can shoot accurately that's what we need.

He’s got dual nationality / citizenship of St Kitts & Nevis, anyone know what the story is there?

I can't see the point of our kids going out on loan most of the time. Why spend ten years or so learning to play like we do, only to get experience of hoofball

I can't see the point of our kids going out on loan most of the time. Why spend ten years or so learning to play like we do, only to get experience of hoofball
The chances of 1st team football are next to none......so you'd sooner they waste their time in kids football,or sat on their arse on a matchday getting more and more frustrated,until they demand an exit?

The art is in finding a club that suits.

So is he the "Chosen One" of his generation? - i.e. the young lad who will get the minutes in the same way that Foden was a few years ago.

That worked out ok but prioritising Phil meant that some others - Brahim Diaz in particular - maybe did not get the opportunities that they could have.

I am excited to see more of Cole at first team level but hope that others like McAtee get their chance too.

So is he the "Chosen One" of his generation? - i.e. the young lad who will get the minutes in the same way that Foden was a few years ago.

That worked out ok but prioritising Phil meant that some others - Brahim Diaz in particular - maybe did not get the opportunities that they could have.

I am excited to see more of Cole at first team level but hope that others like McAtee get their chance too.
Diaz didn't get the opportunities because he simply wasn't good enough. He's 22 in August and he still isn't good enough. Lots of potential but looks like he's not going to achieve it sadly.

The ones who have a chance stay here. In my mind, once they go out on loan they do not have a future at City. That is what I am trying to say. Does Palmer have a chance, yes. Hence stay here. Same for McAtee, Delap (although I personally have doubts about him), Lavia and Mbete-Tabu.
Even for the ones who won't make it, finding the right club is still important but not something we have mastered as yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.