Cole Palmer

If it's true about Bernie asking to leave last Summer then perhaps it was planned?

Yes, possibly.

Also it could be a consideration that losing Bernardo, would free up funds to put to a more pressing position like striker, particularly if we wish to pursue a stellar name.

We would still have Mahrez (who was more consistent this year) Torres (With a year in the Prem under his belt) and if required Foden, Sterling to fill the right flank of the front three, so its not like all our eggs would be in one basket with a young rookie.

Delighted for Cole and I hope we follow suit with McAtee. We have some great young kids at the academy and these 2 along with Delap are the ones who stood out for me. Im sure there are others but just my opinion that these may get chances in 1st team cup games this year following on from the same style of integration Foden got. It may be that we can only get game time for 1 in which case a decision needs to be made if the others go out on loan or are better off staying in the academy.

It's always easier for a wide/attacking midfielder to get minutes I think. I would love to see Romeo Lavia given a chance at defensive midfield but that is the absolute key position in our team I don't think it will happen this season.

I guess that he is only 17 though and has been at City for less than a year so another season with the EDS is probably the right thing for him.

Truthfully I have only seen a couple of EDS/u18 games..Delap and Lavia struck me as particularly good..Some posters like FantasyIreland, Centurions, Kinky have a much better opinion..sometimes you have to listen to those who watch more..I just hope some of these guys can make it. The joy of Phil succeeding has been amazing. Dont let another Sancho leave the club.

Truthfully I have only seen a couple of EDS/u18 games..Delap and Lavia struck me as particularly good..Some posters like FantasyIreland, Centurions, Kinky have a much better opinion..sometimes you have to listen to those who watch more..I just hope some of these guys can make it. The joy of Phil succeeding has been amazing. Dont let another Sancho leave the club.

Sancho had no affinity to our club,Delap hasn't been here long either.....but others who have come through the youth ranks (and some are even supporters) might just have that bit more loyalty and patience,hopefully.
As much as it would be a dream to have them all slowly integrate and learn under our watch,i just don't think its realistic.

Delighted for Cole and I hope we follow suit with McAtee. We have some great young kids at the academy and these 2 along with Delap are the ones who stood out for me. Im sure there are others but just my opinion that these may get chances in 1st team cup games this year following on from the same style of integration Foden got. It may be that we can only get game time for 1 in which case a decision needs to be made if the others go out on loan or are better off staying in the academy.
Romeo Lavia for me. He only joined at the start of last season and was put into the U18s until January this year. They moved him up to the U23s just after he turned 17 and he ended up being voted EDS player of the season. The lad must impress everybody who watches him. Ferns 1 year extension must be at least partly due to this lad to allow him to integrate with the 1st team.

Sancho had no affinity to our club,Delap hasn't been here long either.....but others who have come through the youth ranks (and some are even supporters) might just have that bit more loyalty and patience,hopefully.
As much as it would be a dream to have them all slowly integrate and learn under our watch,i just don't think its realistic.
I agree.. does it mean that the u18s and EDS are in effect just a stepping stone for these guys to go to other clubs and a source of income for City ? The suggestion is that they may not be loyal to City and will move on like Garcia.. can not argue with that perspective..surely the question is how do you keep Cole Lavia Delap interested in the project ?
The rags seem to use their youth more, chavs seem to do better with loan deals. Do not know the answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.