Cole Palmer

Right, not ure about the borders round there, I can remember visiting my cousins when they moved from Moss Side to Shady Lane as it was being built in the early 80s and they used to have battles with the kids from Broomwood
It backs onto the broomwood split by a brook

Right, not ure about the borders round there, I can remember visiting my cousins when they moved from Moss Side to Shady Lane as it was being built in the early 80s and they used to have battles with the kids from Broomwood
The fighting sounds about right. West of Brooklands Roundabout is Timperley. Shady Lane Estate might be classed as Brooklands, or they might prefer to be known as Shady Lane Estate. I always think of Baguley starting at Brookway School, going up to the M56, and down to the railway line.

Some builder pulled a knife on me when I was playing on Shady Lane, when it was being built in the 70s. I froze, and he put the knife away with a laugh. I ran home, but never told my parents as they said I wasn't allowed to cross Altrincham Road.

The fighting sounds about right. West of Brooklands Roundabout is Timperley. Shady Lane Estate might be classed as Brooklands, or they might prefer to be known as Shady Lane Estate. I always think of Baguley starting at Brookway School, going up to the M56, and down to the railway line.

Some builder pulled a knife on me when I was playing on Shady Lane, when it was being built in the 70s. I froze, and he put the knife away with a laugh. I ran home, but never told my parents as they said I wasn't allowed to cross Altrincham Road.
And don’t forget The Butcher!

I agree.. does it mean that the u18s and EDS are in effect just a stepping stone for these guys to go to other clubs and a source of income for City ? The suggestion is that they may not be loyal to City and will move on like Garcia.. can not argue with that perspective..surely the question is how do you keep Cole Lavia Delap interested in the project ?
The rags seem to use their youth more, chavs seem to do better with loan deals. Do not know the answer.
Chelsea only seem to do better due to the sheer number they put out. Last season they had 32 players out on loan, we had 14.

Anyone doubts this lad , imo he's a special talent , as good at this age if not better than Jadon Sancho , time will tell, but potentially a special player with everything in his locker to go all the way..

Yes I have got to agree, Palmer is the one player for me who has the technique and class to play at the highest level.
Pep requires a technical level beyond the standards of other managers. Players will not make the transition to the first team squad unless these standards are met! I wish England adopted the same philosophy!
Let's not kid ourselves, there are a lot of quite decent players in our Academy with reasonable resale value, but not players at the Foden, Sancho level, with Palmer close to that standard (slightly below presently).
In my opinion, physically developed U18s get overhyped on forums and these boys often end up at a lower level! Some Chelsea players from previous Youth Cup winning sides fall into this category for example.
The only other player I rate at Palmers level who is has been at the Academy recently is Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, who has gone to Dortmund! Would also like to see more of Lavia, as maybe he has potential!

Yes I have got to agree, Palmer is the one player for me who has the technique and class to play at the highest level.
Pep requires a technical level beyond the standards of other managers. Players will not make the transition to the first team squad unless these standards are met! I wish England adopted the same philosophy!
Let's not kid ourselves, there are a lot of quite decent players in our Academy with reasonable resale value, but not players at the Foden, Sancho level, with Palmer close to that standard (slightly below presently).
In my opinion, physically developed U18s get overhyped on forums and these boys often end up at a lower level! Some Chelsea players from previous Youth Cup winning sides fall into this category for example.
The only other player I rate at Palmers level who is has been at the Academy recently is Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, who has gone to Dortmund! Would also like to see more of Lavia, as maybe he has potential!
Gittens was a level or two below the likes of Palmer, McAtee etc. More like Matondo standard

Reactions: kun
Palmers best position is clearly on the right wing. For me in central areas he’s not good enough and doesn’t effect the game. But play him on the right and he’ll do just as good of a job as Mahrez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.