Cole Palmer

I’ve noticed that on quite a few occasions. Young players not being passed to. Foden really struggled with that when he first started- he’d run into space and just get ignored constantly
When they're ignored as often as they are, I wonder if there is a finer detail about their positioning that maybe we're not picking up on that the players on the pitch might be wary of.

It seems to be too prevalent to be just a respect/trust thing, although I'm sure it plays a factor.

Grew into the game in 2nd half. Probably early for a comparison but his playing style seemed very similar to Havertz. Of course he wasn't aggressive in his play but understandable for his first game.

How come the guys who talk about up and coming guys from the academy never rave about this kid.

He reeked of special!!!

The real exciting thing is we have some youngsters now that have the talent but crucially, you don’t feel like they are going to leave us either for Germany or Barcelona at the drop of a hat. Braaf is the exception. He has Dortmund all over him, I doubt he has the patience, but Foden, Delap, Doyle, Palmer, Harwood-Bellis... it feels like these guys will want to stick around.

How come the guys who talk about up and coming guys from the academy never rave about this kid.

He reeked of special!!!

I suppose not many people will have actually seen him as he’s barely played for the EDS - he was kept back with the U18’s last season.

He reeked of special!!!

Wrote some time ago in the EDS forum that Palmer and Delap are the best and will make it at City.

Palmer's productivity at U18 level is comparable to Greenwood's for Manure's U18: more goals than apps last season for Palmer.

Edit: Braaf is highly talented too, the question is whether he will find the right attitude to make it at the highest level.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.