Cole Palmer

Can't wait to see how he develops in the next year or two.

Man he has long legs, and he ran so much, if he can get to Phil level pressing then our future midfield is bright!

I have only seen him on tinternet etc & tbf he's managed to not score easy situations quite a lot on several occasions I've seen him, but his skill level has always looked very very impressive indeed.

Tonight what impressed me was him getting stuck in & covering ground.

The skill is obvious but he's showing the other side of the game against a tough side, which is very impressive.

Let's try another kid not from Barcelona & see how he does.

Ahhh must have been some off times, cos even Pep felt it was important to raise his finishing! Either way, quality young talent.

Absolutely delighted he got a start surrounded by first team players tonight.
I like this approach, for him to be often alongside KdB can only do him a lot of good, the fact he finished and KdB didn't will be a big confidence boost too, these lads are why we built that academy (football university), and its nice to see them getting a chance. Although it wasn't ideal Liam Delap getting a PL debut at the weekend, and decent minutes on the pitch won't do him any harm either, despite the result, and none of it was his fault.

Best thing I can say is that a few times I thought he was KDB in his movement and that he WILL see game time again.

If he’d been a bit greedy, you know, like Mahrez (!), he might have had a few himself.

He can be proud of that performance.

Lastly, if someone told you you were going to get your City debut away at Burnley on a cold Weds night in the Carabao Cup, it wouldn’t exactly be your dream fixture. However, he did a magnificent job getting stuck in and looking like he belonged.

Nice job, son!

Looked very raw at first (understandably) but I thought he played some clever first time balls (even if they didn't quite come off) and was so unlucky with his good feet and composure not to get a couple of assists. Almost got him mixed up with de bruyne once or twice, which is undoubtedly a good thing!

What like Mahrez did ?

No I'm glad he thought to give Raheem his hat trick, even though he might have scored himself, that's team play.
No mate, “team” play is scoring goals when you have a chance, so THE TEAM WINS!

I’m not knocking him for trying to create goals for his team mates. That said, only a fool looks for a pass when they’re inside the penalty area and you have a very good chance to score yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.