Cole Palmer

They almost quadrupled their fee on Lavia, Bazunu and Edozie are playing every week and will keep getting better and Larios has made a few appearances but is now injured. Seems like he did pretty well actually
They got relegated and the quadrupled fee for lavia wont account for the lack of pl money tbf,

45m for a academy player who hasn't really done much at senior level is fantastic business.
No one knows the full background. But I was never convinced about Sancho (too slow and poor workrate) and it was a good decision to sell him. Not sure about Cole. He didn't do much last season when he did play and he also lacks pace but selling him could turn out to be a long-term mistake. It seems clear that Cole made the decision to leave himself. Pep has always said that if you don't want to play for City you can go. So I trust his judgement on this decision until proved otherwise.

Last edited:
Nearly 100m from sales of academy players this summer. Incredible.

Think we need more Doku's pace and explosiveness than Palmer's qualities right now. Understand the sentiment but fully trust Pep's vision of the future of the team. My gut feeling is that both Doku and Nunes will succeed here, maybe even more than we currently expect.

Don't think its weird to want him to do well. He is from pretty much the same place as me and I've followed him at City for years. Obviously I'd prefer he realised his potential in a blue shirt but if he leaves I'll be wishing him well in every game that isn't against City!
I would add that the better the academy players perform, after leaving City, the more likely clubs will come in and buy them when it's been decided they are not up to 1st team level at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.