Cole Palmer

Young player with some potential but in all honesty I would have never had him in the starting 11 for any important game (and most of ours are these days).

He clearly thinks he will have a better chance of game time there and will get paid more. We clearly think he hasn't got quite the right stuff to be a regular starter here and we'll get a decent fee for him.

It would therefore seem to suit all sides quite nicely.

Just a strange transfer all over this.

1. how quickly this deal has come out of nowhere and been agreed
2. Us selling to a direct rival
3. Palmer moving, most likely, to be a squad player
4. £45million for a player that’s barely played for our first team

Football is mad these days.
My reading of it all through the limited info out there is talks between Palmer and the club at the start of the season regarding his role this year weren’t what Palmer wanted to hear and from there it’s been a case of showcasing his talents in a couple of friendliest (which worked out great actually) in order to get the best fee possible and a move that Palmer would gladly take.

Could be well off buts that’s where I am with it. Simply put we couldn’t guarantee him minutes and he believes in himself enough to go out and get them somewhere else.

Only time will tell wherever we made the right call.

Whilst Doku is an exciting prospect, I don't think him scoring will ever feel as good as watching a local lad who's been at the club since the age of 7 curling one into the far corner at Wembley. Gutted to loose palmer.

I’ve never understood this. Why does it matter where anyone is from, as long as they improve us and help City be successful I couldn’t give a fuck if we fielded eleven Martians.

Lavia decided to leave before having a crack breaking into the first team (although the Kalvin Phillips' signing sped up that decision). Although it was a decent spell at Southampton it wasn't an outstanding season and I back the club on that in not bringing him back. Palmer we might regret but he was given a fair chance and just didn't quite take the opportunity, even at his age.
Cant honestly say we'll regret either as said lavia had a decent season but wasnt standout in a relegated team and palmer has had chances and maybe he thinks hes better than he's shown and chelsea isnt the club to thrive at the moment

Don't get why Chelsea want him. I see him getting more game time at City tbqh. Its a shame personally as he's a Wythenshawe lad like me sen and I really wanted to see him do well for City (I still do, but hope he forever has a stinker against God's own from now on)

But 45M is nuts, the same Spurs paid for Madison to put it in some context.

I stopped worrying about us selling to rivals after last summer.

Chelsea were no better for it and although Arsenal had us on the ropes for a bit, we're just on a whole other level.

I'm upset to see him leave because he's one of ours but I'm not worried in the slightest about it coming back to haunt us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.