Cole Palmer

I think City think this is the maximum price they'll ever be able to get for Palmer without him being a first team regular (Chelsea's desperation + Palmer's stock being high after two big goals)...and at 21 if they aren't sure he'll become one they are happy to cash in (especially if he is chattering about not playing, which Pep hates). Plus the huge money they are throwing at him that he wouldn't get here.

Personally disappointed though, was really hoping he'd break through over the next two years.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm too bothered, he's a good player, but has always looked a bit erratic to me, not to mention lightweight too.

Disappointed he's likely going to chelsea though, and not convinced he'll get any more game time there.

I do wonder if he's fallen out with Pep after the comments a couple of weeks ago.
Yeah it did seem a bit downbeat from Pep saying he didn’t know if he would stay, suggests he was looking for a move.

Genuine question what about him over the last 3 years and the current environment at chelsea has given the impression that he is ready to explode there?
Like I say, he's a cracking young player so if he's entrusted with a run of games he could develop and prove a bargain for Chelsea. I don't think he'll ever be world class, but he'll do just fine against most Prem fullbacks.

Regardless, I wish him the best. Very likeable young lad.

For a player with limited game time under his belt, I suppose 45m isn't too shabby a fee. Ideally, we'd be keeping him. But if it's true that he wants more game time (and so he should), then a move might be in his best interest. He is highly unlikely to get much of a look in this season, bar the domestic cups. Which wouldn't be enough for him, with his international career in mind.

Like I say, he's a cracking young player so if he's entrusted with a run of games he could develop and prove a bargain for Chelsea. I don't think he'll ever be world class, but he'll do just fine against most Prem fullbacks.

Regardless, I wish him the best. Very likeable young lad.
Hes less likely to get that at chelsea than here

Watched him in the u21 I know it's not the premier but for me he played brilliant played in few positions his passing was on point as in passing just at the right time! He can play midfield up top left wing right wing! Be interesting where cheslea play him maybe as a striker he as the eye for a goal. Should asked chelsea for 60m

Good luck to him, but the writing was on the wall when we signed Doku, and to a lesser extent when Bernado got his new contract.

Had Palmer kicked on properly last season then he could have been regarded as the Mahrez replacement, but the club obviously saw the need to bring in Doku, who is actually only three weeks older than Palmer. Think the fee is probably fair given his limited number of appearances, but Palmer has definitely got the ability to make it look like a bargain in a couple of years or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.