Cole Palmer

I wonder if he will regret (medals won/achievements not a bank balance comparison) saying to Pep a few weeks ago that he wanted to go on loan, rather than wait to here what the club had planned for him. As soon as that happened the narrative seemed to become "you can go if you want, but it won't be on loan".

On one hand gutted to lose one of our own but on the other hand I look it at and see our squad is thinner than ever and opportunities would come his way if he stuck around this season so seemingly he isn’t up for the fight for the shirt.

For that reason it’s probably best to part, we’re getting a good fee & all the best for your career Cole apart from when you play us.

Time will tell if it’s a good deal for us.
I’m just surprised it’s getting done when we’re already lacking squad depth.
Hopefully the summer will bring in some quality attacking talent.

Great business from City.

Selling a fringe player who was unhappy for a huge fee.

I just don’t understand it from Palmer or Chelsea. Loads of money for a lad who will barely play?
Chavs seriously cooking the books.

What is the strategy?

Buy young players and put them on long contracts? Talksport said they pay the new signings lower wages than most! Is this true or chav wagewashing -:)

Palmer had all last season to breakthrough and never kicked a ball. Pep has assessed him and has decided he can go. I got to respect the boss on this. He is training the players daily.

There’s nothing wrong with that either. I understand why many do feel that way but others see it the other way and that’s ok as well. Trust the process.
Seeing youngsters come through and thrive feels special and i think there's a lot more natural affinity between fans and homegrown players. We had plenty coming through at once around 1985 resulting in them winning the FA youth cup in 86. I was gutted when Swales sanctioned all their moves as we could have done well with them.

It's took a few years for our academy to start bearing fruit and in the last two years we've had a glut of youngsters pushing to be in the first team. As of now it looks like Foden young Rico have a chance to become long term, one or two others maybe but the rest we've had to sell most and got good money for them.

Palmer is one of those players we think(or thought )can become world class but he's a long way off world class right now. He needs a run of regular games something he couldn't get here, so him going to Chelsea seems a bit of a strange one, but business is business and we'll be getting good money for him.

Another one here with mixed feelings.

Good: Unbelievable price.

Bad: We have so little patience with academy products. I fully understand why, and we’re rich enough to do what the fcuk we like, but it’s still a source of regret. Also, I don’t think Chelsea’s a good career move for him, even though he’ll get mucho coin.

I think every angle on this is already covered.
Odd move on his part, but continues to show our club won't stand in the way of moves if players aren't happy.
I'd rather we went down that route than have 22 slapped arses like Cancelo stinking the place out (no I don't think Cole would have been anywhere that level of trouble - but conversations will have been had and it seems he wasn't happy with the outcome)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.