Cole Palmer

The only thing to learn is not get too attached to an academy player , at this level, most clubs going for leagues and trophies sell their academy talent for money unless they are truly special like Foden. It’s a very good business model we might hate it but it works

I suppose I wanted him to fight for the blue shirt until he made it his own. Anyway its not happened so let's see if the next one out of the academy can do it. Not a slight on Cole by the way. Maybe he didn't feel like he would get enough games here no matter how hard he tried. Or maybe he just felt he wasn't good enough to push City on. Good luck to him anyway. He'll set himself up for life with his contract at Chelsea. I hope he does really well as I'm sure everyone at City will hope so too.

I'm disappointed he wanted to leave as i thought he'd have got better and seen more playing time this season.

He reportedly wanted to play more and so i'm surprised he's going to Chelsea as i just don't see him getting any more minutes there, than with us, so i'm wondering what his motivation is in leaving?

But all i care about is City and we got a great fee for him and if he doesn't want to play for us then good luck lad, but it's your loss!

It’s a business folks , city’s academy is a factory a very well run one at that. We have a quality control where we keep some products and some where we sell on . It’s a simple as that. Might seem harsh but these lads will make more in the next five to ten years than most on here will make in a lifetime if not more. The next time we lift a pot all these kids will be forgotten about for most that’s the football industry. Harsh but very true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.