Cole Palmer

I know people who've met him who say he's just a normal lad. Down to earth and likeable.

Who wouldn't have their head turned by an 8 year deal on wages City would never offer at this stage of his career?

He'll be in roughly the same position though. Fighting to get starts and 3rd or 4th in the pecking order. That's where it doesn't make sense.

Gutted to lose him as I think there's a special player waiting to blossom.

Pissed off at this. I really hope this doesn't happen. How is signing a wolves player who has scored one goal and not a long term prospect right and allowing cole to leave at the same time ok? Makes no sense
Then you obviously have never listened to Pep and his thoughts on letting players go who don`t want to be at City, as long as we find someone willing to pay our valuation.
Personally I think he wont do much at Chelsea either.

Imo the long and short of it is, no matter Palmer's potential (which he's only really shown a few signs of achieving, let's be honest), £45m has just been slapped in front of us for a lad who has started 13 games in his senior career. That's absolutely crazy money and, considering we'll be absolutely fine without him, I think it's only right for us to accept the bid. Plus, this means McAtee has a better chance of sticking around and making it here, so the sentimental value of having a young City lad out there is still maintained.

What's the full make-up of the squad now?
Ederson
Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake
Rodri
Foden, Kovacic
Bernardo, Haaland, Grealish

Ortega
Lewis, Akanji, Gvardiol, Gomez
Phillips
(De Bruyne), Nunes
Doku, Alvarez, McAtee
Looks okay to me.

Imo the long and short of it is, no matter Palmer's potential (which he's only really shown a few signs of achieving, let's be honest), £45m has just been slapped in front of us for a lad who has started 13 games in his senior career. That's absolutely crazy money and, considering we'll be absolutely fine without him, I think it's only right for us to accept the bid. Plus, this means McAtee has a better chance of sticking around and making it here, so the sentimental value of having a young City lad out there is still maintained.

What's the full make-up of the squad now?

Looks okay to me.
Looks very decent indeed.

Then you obviously have never listened to Pep and his thoughts on letting players go who don`t want to be at City, as long as we find someone willing to pay our valuation.
Personally I think he wont do much at Chelsea either.
The wolves player will be sat on the bench too. I'd rather have cole than him and all it needs is a chat. I doubt he doesn't want to be at city as I agree, he will be sat on the bench there too. I just hate the idea that we think what we have isn't as good as a basic player from wolves

I've seen conversations from people - who claim to have met him personally - about him not being a very nice bloke off the pitch and not treating his girlfriend well but with nothing concrete on hand I've always been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I find it more likely that there's absolutely nothing wrong with him as a person and it's purely that Pep decided he didn't have the attacking threat to make it here.
I've met Cole more than a dozen times He's a good lad who loves playing football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.