Cole Palmer

We can evaluate ‘potential’ on this one; indeed the potential has dictated price, however, look who we are today and the due diligence we command…. He’s a prospect who has undoubtedly had the numbers turn his head, that is a repetition of a few bright stars over the last few years and we haven’t been burned once; sadly for Cole, this smells of asset building from the chavs, floated in a system which is waiting for one to become an anomaly, however that nurture from top clubs is flawed when it’s not done within; a Brighton et al would of been perfect at this stage but he’ll be a nomad within 12 months imo!!
Chelsea already have 200m+ worth of players out on loan, you can kind of see a basic outline of the system they are trying to adopt but the holes in it are obvious and it has just as much chance of spectacularly imploding as it does succeeding

I've seen conversations from people - who claim to have met him personally - about him not being a very nice bloke off the pitch and not treating his girlfriend well but with nothing concrete on hand I've always been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I find it more likely that there's absolutely nothing wrong with him as a person and it's purely that Pep decided he didn't have the attacking threat to make it here.
He’s always at the local pub (not suggesting he’s there drinking) and my sister and the kids eat there a lot, he’s always been great with them & recently let them look at his medals. They say he’s always had time for the kids so….

I'm convinced Chelsea have deliberately taken an approach in the transfer market that is designed to inflate prices of young players across the board.

Look at the money they will get next summer for Lewis Hall.I can see them hyping up their youth products to mid table clubs who struggle to produce local talent.

I'd be interested to see what they try to get for Hudson-Odoi now. Seems to have stagnated now but they turned down an astonishing package from Bayern only three years ago.

They've leveraged against the inevitable risk that some transfers won't be successful, because those that are successful will make up some of the losses and they've already started copying CFG's model with using their sister club Strasbourg.

Last edited:
Pissed off at this. I really hope this doesn't happen. How is signing a wolves player who has scored one goal and not a long term prospect right and allowing cole to leave at the same time ok? Makes no sense

Mental deal for us

I'm a huge Pakmer fan, but based off Peps comments sounds like he's made his frustrations clear that he wants more football

£45mil is an absolute mental deal for a kid with very little first team experience

In 5 years time he may be worth double that or he may be worth half that, we don't know

But today, right now, he's not worth £45mil, not even close

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.