Cole Palmer

I find it interesting that a number of posters are saying that although he may spend a good deal of time on the bench, he is doing the right thing financially. This is exactly what some of our fans are criticising Kalvin Phillips for doing.
I think it's more than that.
If a big club is prepared to pay 45 mill for you it says that they value you, big time. I don't think he feels valued at City.

I see it more as a wages move than a career move. At 21 the on-field playing time should be more important but I think it's all too easy to question 'loyalty' as an outsider, when such high earning figures are being offered. It may or may not work out, although it has already put him on the higher earnings ladder - something that we may have been unable to offer him with the competition for places and playing time amongst he squad. He's a good player, without a doubt, and I wish him well. Whether or not he fulfils this price tag and gets substantial game time at Chelsea remains to be seen.

I think it's more than that.
If a big club is prepared to pay 45 mill for you it says that they value you, big time. I don't think he feels valued at City.
I see your point, but didn’t we pay something similar for Phillips! Does this mean that we thought he would be a good fit for us and that we valued him? In both cases, I don’t think we will ever know the true story, unless you are one of these ”ITK”

I see your point, but didn’t we pay something similar for Phillips! Does this mean that we thought he would be a good fit for us and that we valued him? In both cases, I don’t think we will ever know the true story, unless you are one of these ”ITK”
One is an England International and the other has not much more than 500 minutes first team

Just a bewildering decision from Palmer. Why would you choose to go from City's bench to Chelsea's?
Equally bewildering from Chelsea. We’re they looking for a replacement for Kai “playing me completely out of position“ Havertz?

Just a bewildering decision from Palmer. Why would you choose to go from City's bench to Chelsea's?
A big fat contract and signing on fee and he may have had promises of game time.

He clearly had issues with us for whatever reason, he has taken a risk but respect to him for backing his talent.

Time will tell if he was correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.