Cole Palmer

I’m sure it’ll have been mentioned somewhere on here, but people keep forgetting the basics of WAGES!

No idea about exact figures, but my guess would be Cole was on maybe £50k per week at City? I’d guess by signing for Chelsea he will jump, knowing them, to maybe £150k per week?

Whatever the exact figures, one guarantee is it’ll be a huge jump that we wouldn’t have matched just to keep him at this point in his development.

You’re comparing what Kane has done on the pitch for Spurs to what Palmer has done for City? Interesting..
No. I'm comparing Kane being a boyhood Arsenal fan to what he has done for their bitter rivals. Confirming that you don't have to be a boyhood fan of a club to play for them. You seriously think I was comparing Kane to Palmer? Wow.

To be fair hes seen players come to city and get more minutes than foden despite being no where near fodens level.
Part of that is because hes academy im convinced (subconsciously). If we bought foden for £75-100m he’d play every week.

So palmer who is good but not as good has the choice of:
1) eventually making it at city but lets be honest it will be 3-4 years before he could be a regular and earn like hes a regular
2) take a career risk of moving but go where someone wants you, will pay you way more and could fast track that development

Even if hes a bit part player this year for chelsea, he’s got a better chance of becoming a regular starter for them than us
It can’t be an academy thing with Pep, Messi was an academy product and look what happened there

I’m sure it’ll have been mentioned somewhere on here, but people keep forgetting the basics of WAGES!

No idea about exact figures, but my guess would be Cole was on maybe £50k per week at City? I’d guess by signing for Chelsea he will jump, knowing them, to maybe £150k per week?

Whatever the exact figures, one guarantee is it’ll be a huge jump that we wouldn’t have matched just to keep him at this point in his development.

especially if the chavs give him an 8 year contract! lol

I'd be very surprised if he was on that sort of money with us at this early stage of his career.

No. I'm comparing Kane being a boyhood Arsenal fan to what he has done for their bitter rivals. Confirming that you don't have to be a boyhood fan of a club to play for them. You seriously think I was comparing Kane to Palmer? Wow.

Next you’ll be spouting some nonsense about football players being professionals who just do the job they are paid to do ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.