Cole Palmer

Keep changing my mind on this. Feels like we have failed him. I know he’s going on to play & make a load of money & we have a good pay out but I just feel we should say no for one more season & assess in 12 months.

So in your opinion, he never had a chance under Peo. Like people have said about Phillips, Pep does fuck up sometimes
It’s only like running a business, sometimes certain policies don’t work as well others but as long as the outcome is successful there’s no problem. All businesses have to readjust, absolute 100% perfect decisions just don’t exist, the day Pep leaves I’ll be devastated and those on here criticising him and Txiki will look back with a different perspective.

Of course we are. But looking at his position and who he is competing with, here he has Grealish, Bernardo, Doku and Foden. Doku is new, and young, probably take a year to settle, just like Mahrez, Grealish, Bernardo, and Sane did in that general position. Foden and Bernardo get used centrally quite often. Mahrez is gone, Kevin is injured. He is one of 5 players competing for 2-3 positions, the way we play.

At Chelsea, he has Sterling, Nkunku, Jackson, Murduk, Madueke, Washington, to compete with for 2 positions. All with big expectstions, having arrived within a year, for big fees.

It is hardly 'more likely' he will be a regular there.
Sterling has looked better on the right this season and is probably the player likely to play over Palmer. Nkunku is injured and the rest, so far at least, don't look anything special. Guardiola also has a tendency to use less subs than Chelsea and Palmer is likely to get more opportunities from the bench there.

He might not be a regular at Chelsea but I doubt he'd play less there than here (probably more) and will get a much bigger financial package.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.