Cole Palmer

Pep explicitly told us Cole wanted to leave in a press conference mate.

This is definitely not an example of someone on Bluemoon making shit up.

It’s out there in public that Cole came back for pre-season and indicated he wanted to leave the club this summer.
He actually came back and said he wanted to go out on loan. Only when told that wasn't an option did he then realise he was going to have to move permanently.

I believe he was not best pleased about sitting on the bench for league matches after starting and scoring in both the Charity Shield and Super Cup matches.

He is a nice lad and I hope he does well down south, be a bit of upheaval for a Baguley boy.

Great fee, astonishing really.

It’s only like running a business, sometimes certain policies don’t work as well others but as long as the outcome is successful there’s no problem. All businesses have to readjust, absolute 100% perfect decisions just don’t exist, the day Pep leaves I’ll be devastated and those on here criticising him and Txiki will look back with a different perspective.
That's a great comment that could be addressed to 99% of the reactionary bullshit on here. Pep (and Txiki) make dozens of decisions every single day. From small ones like how long we train for to massive ones like who we buy and sell. Football is not an exact science. Every decision will never give 100% the prefect outcome because they are not gods, and life and fortune can get in the way. The key to being successful is having as many as possible of these decisions pay off.

There can be no doubt that we are doing that in spades which is why comments like "pep does fuck up sometimes" are ridiculously reductive.

Given all the things we don't know about this i trust the club on it. If he wants to leave he has to leave for a start because the bigger picture is that we are a club who people want to play for and we treat staff well.

He's a great talent with lots of potential but at the moment his decision making and his confidence are not there. I hope he makes it for his sake and I wouldn't hold the club to account if he does. We took the call. We live with the consequences.

What the Chavs have done has an element of logic about it. They've scooped up anyone & everyone, & now have a season of domestic football to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Because of FFP, those who don't make the grade will be sold, possibly at knockdown rates next summer. Those who're left will form the Chav's foundation for the next 6 years under Poch.

21 seems to be the make or break age for City, but for Palmer it seemed like it was more "Let's give it another season & take it from there", but Cole wanted first team football now.

We've got better in every position than Cole, & to be fair to City, when you take Grealish, Bernardo, Foden & now Doku into consideration, at best Palmer is third choice for our wide left/right positions.

The times I saw him playing centrally, he was anonymous, played poorly & looked totally lost & overawed. Tellingly, each time he was withdrawn we looked much better.

It is what it is, & I suppose we'll find out soon enough if Palmer had the noodles to make the grade at City under Guardiola.

I suspect if the club thought he could definitely make it here (like they did with Foden), Cole Palmer would still be a Manchester City player.

Good luck, all the best, & thanks for the fleeting memories Cole. )(

Yep if your American owned it's fine to do the splatter gun approach spend over 1 billions and the media lick your arse! If Newcastle or us went down this route they'd be letters written by clubs wanted to stop it, it's ruining the premier and inflating fees!

Good luck to the kid, i hope he does well.
There will be huge pressure on him from the off,something he hasnt really had before, i hope he deals with it all.
All the best Cole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.