Cole Palmer

Awful decision on a 7 year deal and on big money, hmmm not so sure. My thoughts is he will go there confident and shine. A real loss for City considering Bernado’ quoted release clause next season. If the kid was given a chance against Newcastle and Sheff Utd I think we would be having a different conversation, I thought he earned the chance with the goals against Arsenal and Sevilla. I think Alvarez’s World Cup has given city a bit of a headache and we’re playing him off Halland, which for me he’s not good enough there. Football is a game of opinions though.
5 league titles in 6 years suggests that we make fairly sound decisions and little comes back to bite us on the ass

He was nearer a starting place at the best team in europe than the chaos at Chelsea , their scatter gun transfer policy is devoid of any direction ,Pochetino is a decent manager but it could take him two seasons to sort out the wheat from the chaff at that club.
Signing players on 8 year deals on big money contracts will come back and bite them in the arse , in a couple of years time they will not be able to move players on , the failures will just sit on their deals and count their money.
Palmer has chosen the wrong club , he is probably on £5m a season for seven seasons with an option of an extra year , where is the motivation ? , not questioning his character but he is guaranteed multi-millionaire status before he kicks a ball , like most of their players the money is in their pockets , guaranteed.
He would only have got 3 or 4 year contract with us and he would have to work his arse off to get 20/30 games a season in a Pep team , genuinely hope it works out for him but i have my doubts

No doubt. They are just throwing money and shit at a wall and seeing what sticks. We rinsed Chelsea for Cole . Love the kid but I think we paid the same for Bernardo as we are selling him for
You won't be that smug if he's worth 65 million and and in the England squad in a year or two.

Last time I was gutted about Chelsea signing one ours was Clive Wilson and SWP, respectively. He scored two goals in two glorified friendlies , the price went up about £20 million . It’s good business from city good luck to the lad but I had feeling about palmer that he’d never fit.

Not sure how I would feel about this as a Chelsea fan. On the one hand ‘we have got a great prospect here from city’ on the other ‘why would city let him go?’
I do think we have done some great business here but do wish Palmer well.
I watched ESPN and Don Hutchinson implied that Pep wasn't happy with Cole "away from the training ground"
Whatever that means..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.