Cole Palmer

Let's be clear, Cole Palmer is an excellent prospect. It doesn't mean that it was the wrong decision to sell him but reality is not changed by him no longer being a City player. He is recognised as one of the very best young English players, and the creative fulcrum of a successful U21 team. Though I do not want Chelsea to be a great success (very happy if they finish above United and Liverpool though), I wish Cole a really successful and happy future.

Without question a huge talent but one Pep and the club did not pull up trees to stop him leaving, maybe he has issues as some have mentioned away from the pitch.

But whatever, he has got an incredible move and the chance to go and prove Pep he was very wrong.
Financially it’s a fantastic move for him but football wise a big question mark . Leaving the guidance of the best coach in the world to play for a club with a constant scatter gun transfer policy and a manager who has won a couple of trophies with PSG but failed outside the confines of the French league.

Sometimes players leave for better opportunities or better pay or family decisions or for a preferred geographical location. It doesn't always have to be about some silly attitude problem or chip on the shoulder. This habit of tearing down players when they leave is becoming a thing here and I hate it.

In fairness I think it something which happens at most clubs when players leave the club.

Whist rags and dippers are obviously the most extreme sets of individuals , there is a wide cross-section of personalities, temperaments and behaviours amongst fans, and BM is certainly not exempt from that.

‘It’s really nice to be joining a new club knowing I’ve got four really good mates already here, ready to help me settle in and adapt. Knowing them helped me make the decision to come. Hopefully I settle in quickly, and help the team win games and win as many trophies as possible.” - Palmer
I wish you well with this signing, a good lad and a fabulous talent, but a terrible move, a poor choice of manager, a manager that wants commitment and determination, and a poor pathway to the first team, due to a large number of similar age group and less matches, you have just got rid of a similar player in Havertz, you may just have signed the new Anelka.

Without question a huge talent but one Pep and the club did not pull up trees to stop him leaving, maybe he has issues as some have mentioned away from the pitch.

But whatever, he has got an incredible move and the chance to go and prove Pep he was very wrong.
Definitely one with lots of potential but didn't really make the most of his opportunities last season. His style of play is not too dissimilar to Bernardo when he plays on the right,where as Doku gives us another alternative with more pace in that position & more direct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.