Cole Palmer

Think De Zerbi will be sat in a big comfy chair tonight dressed in his smoking jacket drinking a large red wine. He knows Poch and Ten Fags are in deep shit and he’s the one they will turn to, “name your price Roberto?” £15m pa, “that’s a bit steep but I suppose we have no choice”. He’s in A1 position, probably the most sought after Manager who could be available in the Premier League.
The timing is going to be wrong for us sadly. He is clearly the only guy even remotely fit to replace Pep at this moment. But will he still be at Brighton when Pep decides to not extend further? Probably not. The only way is if we let his people know we want him to replace Pep (whenever that will be) and we ask him to be patient. But whether we would have that conversation, I don’t know.

Think De Zerbi will be sat in a big comfy chair tonight dressed in his smoking jacket drinking a large red wine. He knows Poch and Ten Fags are in deep shit and he’s the one they will turn to, “name your price Roberto?” £15m pa, “that’s a bit steep but I suppose we have no choice”. He’s in A1 position, probably the most sought after Manager who could be available in the Premier League.

He'd be nuts to go to either of those madhouses - look what it's done for Potter.

Discretion is the greater part of valour on this occasion.

He'd be nuts to go to either of those madhouses - look what it's done for Potter.

Discretion is the greater part of valour on this occasion.
Might never get a chance at that kind of money again though. Take the money, leave in a year or two and your reputation is still in tact. No-one will succeed at those clubs.

He didn't go there for money, he thought he'd be getting more game time there. Is he really earning much more than what he could've get from us? If it was about money, I'm pretty sure he could've gotten a much better Saudi deal with him being one of the club stars there.

Yes if he saw out his contract at city the 3 years he would have got 4.5 m at Chelsea his 7 year contract will earn him 37m

The timing is going to be wrong for us sadly. He is clearly the only guy even remotely fit to replace Pep at this moment. But will he still be at Brighton when Pep decides to not extend further? Probably not. The only way is if we let his people know we want him to replace Pep (whenever that will be) and we ask him to be patient. But whether we would have that conversation, I don’t know.
We won’t as it will create impression we longer want Pep.

He didn't go there for money, he thought he'd be getting more game time there. Is he really earning much more than what he could've get from us? If it was about money, I'm pretty sure he could've gotten a much better Saudi deal with him being one of the club stars there.

His Chelsea wages is 4x than City wages i heard, he is not household name for Saudi to notice him yet but he is enough for any England top club to buy him and give him a money he or his family wanted.

Just bad timing unfortunately. Unless DZ keeps Brighton in Europe and stays there until Pep leaves here, it'll be a case of him going elsewhere.

Personally I'd prefer Pep over anybody (as would most) but it's a case of how long is a piece of string and just seeing if timing marries up when he leaves.

There was talk of us 'appreciating' Ange too while he was at Celtic. So there'll be names across the world that we have, it's just DZ is right under our noses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.