Cole Palmer

Think De Zerbi will be sat in a big comfy chair tonight dressed in his smoking jacket drinking a large red wine. He knows Poch and Ten Fags are in deep shit and he’s the one they will turn to, “name your price Roberto?” £15m pa, “that’s a bit steep but I suppose we have no choice”. He’s in A1 position, probably the most sought after Manager who could be available in the Premier League.
Real may be considering him. If so, Chelsea and ManUre have zero chance...

He looks very comfortable in the 10 role. What Poch needs to do is drop Gallagher, move Enzo back down to the 8 and start Palmer in the 10. He's creative. He's press resistant. He works hard off the ball and he's developing a good connection with Jackson and Mudryk. I need him to start from now on. Very very happy with what he's shown me so far.

Glad to see he is doing well in the pandemonium circus that is Chelsea. He and Lavia are maybe going to be two players that progress to the extent that City are called out for selling them.

Glad to see he is doing well in the pandemonium circus that is Chelsea. He and Lavia are maybe going to be two players that progress to the extent that City are called out for selling them.

Hopefully that does happen :) The Salah and KDB narratives have followed us around for so long now. Every time a young player is sold, people have to fish out the old 'look what happened when they let Salah and KDB leave'. It would be brilliant if we could end up being on the good side of one of those stories for once.

Hopefully that does happen :) The Salah and KDB narratives have followed us around for so long now. Every time a young player is sold, people have to fish out the old 'look what happened when they let Salah and KDB leave'. It would be brilliant if we could end up being on the good side of one of those stories for once.
All it will take is for Palmer and Lavia to be the two best players in the Premier League over the next decade ;)

All it will take is for Palmer and Lavia to be the two best players in the Premier League over the next decade ;)
Its funny how things seem to go round in circles
With all Chelseas buying and their great underage teams, they have ended up with 2 of our players that we did not want to, or were unable, to hang on to.

Its funny how things seem to go round in circles
With all Chelseas buying and their great underage teams, they have ended up with 2 of our players that we did not want to, or were unable, to hang on to.

City's academy is one the best in the Europe, prob 3, if not the outright best. We have our great academy but if this ownership tactic is buy loads and loads of very talented U21 players, then it's no surprise a couple of City produced players are among them.

City's academy is one the best in the Europe, prob 3, if not the outright best. We have our great academy but if this ownership tactic is buy loads and loads of very talented U21 players, then it's no surprise a couple of City produced players are among them.

Lavia can’t really be classsed as ‘City produced’, in my view.

He joined us from Anderlecht in summer 2020, and left for Southampton in summer ‘22 - he was an Academy purchase, and was with us for 2 years, but shouldn’t be classed as a City Academy product like Palmer very definitely was.

The criticism could absolutely be levelled at City as to why we let him go, but for me it’s not the same as selling one of our homegrown players like we did with Palmer.

Actually a lot more like the KDB and Salah examples - where we had him briefly, he never got much of a chance with us, and we decided it was best he moved on. Which may prove to have been the wrong decision in the long run!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.