Cole Palmer

Shows how great we are
There's nothing greater than an academy trained player playing in the first team and winning trophies. Regardless of Bobb's improvment, Palmer is still a loss for City (especially as he was okay with a loan move)

According to Palmer, and the club have not disagreed with his statement, he asked for more playing time or an opportunity to go out on loan.
He was told he had to stay with the club or be sold.
So he didn't want to leave
By virtue of the fact that he left having been given an option of staying or leaving then he obviously wanted to leave.

Not sure how you can post the above and not work it out.

its madness that we are 2nd in the league, we are literally the morning after an academy product scoring an injury time winner in a tough away game and we are still arguing over a good to very good player who would not be a regular starter and possibly not even a regular coming across the bench, as i have said earlier on being very good in a mid table chelsea team and getting in the england squad by virtue of being the latest shiny new english toy and receiving plaudits because you came from city does NOT get you a regular place in the city team, NOBODY is guaranteed that and cole chose his way and we are doing what we still do, do we miss him? absolutely not, do we wish him well? absolutely apart from when he plays us but half a good season does not get you in our team.

You sound very bitter about it. Comparing a young player to Bernardo in the champions league? It’s a bit of an odd comparison.

He’s a former player who was at the club since he was a kid, hence the interest in how he performs. Most city fans want him to do well.

I’d say he was at our level, he wouldn’t have been in our squad if he wasn’t.
I’m not bitter mate. Quite the opposite. What I don’t like is this theatrical approach, that somehow improves players actual level, drastically, after they leave us.

I’ve seen it with Sterling as well. They both couldn’t lace Mahrez’s boots. To play in a Pep side, currently sitting at the pinnacle of football, literally, you need more than good. Hence my comment. Cole has had some nice moments with us, I’ll give him that, but if the Manager himself could not be bothered the slightest to lose him, neither should we.

We are that club now. Our average and good players will be world beaters and world class to others. There is no arrogance in that, but more a reality check.

I wish Cole the best, he’ll be important for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.